C chadkeath Full Member Joined Jan 30, 2013 Messages 230 Reaction score 319 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Aug 22, 2026 #1 Hi and thank you in advance for any help. Im not sure what I got. Hoping someone can shed some light. Thank you. Attachments 20260822_221656.webp 1.1 MB · Views: 78 20260822_221643.webp 903.7 KB · Views: 52 20260822_221704.webp 656.1 KB · Views: 49 20260822_221718.webp 957.1 KB · Views: 55
Hi and thank you in advance for any help. Im not sure what I got. Hoping someone can shed some light. Thank you.
Jose The Goon Hero Member Joined Apr 1, 2017 Messages 765 Reaction score 2,128 Golden Thread 0 Location East Coast Detector(s) used Whites 6000D, 6000Di, Eagle, & PI 1000 Primary Interest: Metal Detecting Aug 23, 2026 #2 Really interesting piece. I'm no expert on these things but it looks like it "could" be a custom made horseshoe, that is a decorative piece, worn by a horse on his hooves, in full regalia, in a parade or show of some kind. Pretty cool ! Upvote 0
Really interesting piece. I'm no expert on these things but it looks like it "could" be a custom made horseshoe, that is a decorative piece, worn by a horse on his hooves, in full regalia, in a parade or show of some kind. Pretty cool !
R russau Gold Member Joined May 29, 2005 Messages 9,503 Reaction score 10,794 Golden Thread 0 Location St. Louis, missouri Aug 23, 2026 #3 I would "assume" there is a makers mark or somesort of I.D. on this peice to help identify the maker . Upvote 0
I would "assume" there is a makers mark or somesort of I.D. on this peice to help identify the maker .
pepperj Diamond Member 🥇 Charter Member Joined Feb 3, 2009 Messages 52,297 Reaction score 207,414 Golden Thread 1 Location Eastern Ontario Canada 🥇 Banner finds 1 Detector(s) used Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac, Primary Interest: Relic Hunting Aug 23, 2026 #4 I would say it's decorative wall hanger for a bridle, halter, or lead ropes, built out of two distinct western pieces. Upvote 0
I would say it's decorative wall hanger for a bridle, halter, or lead ropes, built out of two distinct western pieces.
ticndig Silver Member Joined Apr 17, 2009 Messages 3,656 Reaction score 8,619 Golden Thread 1 Location Cumberland Va 🥇 Banner finds 1 Detector(s) used T-2-SE Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Aug 23, 2026 #5 it's a door knocker. somewhat like this one. Upvote 0
unclemac Gold Member Joined Oct 12, 2011 Messages 8,035 Reaction score 9,241 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: Beach & Shallow Water Hunting Aug 23, 2026 #6 ok, how did you ID that? Upvote 0
ticndig Silver Member Joined Apr 17, 2009 Messages 3,656 Reaction score 8,619 Golden Thread 1 Location Cumberland Va 🥇 Banner finds 1 Detector(s) used T-2-SE Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Aug 23, 2026 #7 unclemac said: ok, how did you ID that? Click to expand... it's just what it looks like to me. I can't find the exact one but there are plenty that are close. Upvote 0
unclemac said: ok, how did you ID that? Click to expand... it's just what it looks like to me. I can't find the exact one but there are plenty that are close.
B BCSMark Full Member Joined Jun 12, 2025 Messages 121 Reaction score 473 Golden Thread 0 Location Brazos county, Texas Aug 23, 2026 #8 Looks like a door knocker to me as well. That spur wouldn’t have been functional. Upvote 0
Sandog Bronze Member Joined Nov 27, 2017 Messages 2,220 Reaction score 5,576 Golden Thread 0 Location Treasure coast Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Aug 23, 2026 #9 At least half of it is a spur and creatively combined for some decorative purpose. Upvote 0