aztec tequila bottle?

medicssiren

Apr 8, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, found this at an auction and can find very little info. on it. Has anyone ever seen anything like it. Some local Hispanic friends seem to think tequila was probably in it and tell me it has the first Aztec calendar on it. They seem to think it is very old. It's glass with some type of metal attached to it. Does anyone know,is it old, handmade,rare, just anything would be appreciated. It says something mexico on the bottom of the bottle. Thanks so much!

Attachments

• bottle1.jpg
    bottle1.jpg
    664.9 KB · Views: 93
  • bottle2.jpg
    bottle2.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 111
  • bottle3.jpg
    bottle3.jpg
    751.9 KB · Views: 167
  • bottle4.jpg
    bottle4.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 119

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
the calander looks mayan

Upvote 0

surf

Silver Member
Jan 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
seeing eye shovel
Primary Interest:
Other
It says something mexico on the bottom of the bottle.

Hello medicssiren,

Welcome to TNet & thanks for bringing this brass covered bottle to our attention. What, if any, of the lip of the glass bottle can you see?

I always associate that crackle glass embossing with the 1940's to 1960's.

The base may offer a clue or two.

I'd say it is a triumph of recycling, remarketed to tourists. There are similar type objects in some abundance.

$T2eC16JHJIIE9qTYI5sPBRWRT(R5(w~~60_57.JPG

Upvote 0

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I believe that if it was a brand specific commemorative or such it would be prominantly marked.I agree it is likely hand cased and sold to tourists.just my best guess as it is common practice.I really dig that one but am unable to locate image of the same,again indicating hand work.very cool find for sure.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
M

medicssiren

Apr 8, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi,
Thanks for the information. You cannot see the lip of the bottle. It is all incased with the brass. I bought it just because it was different. They did tell me that it once belonged to someone in Vincent Price's family,I don't know how true that is and basically I guess it's irrelevant since it wasn't owned by him. I have not been able to find another like it. The local Hispanics in our area that own and operate several restaurants were practically drooling over it. They kept asking me if I was going to keep it. They felt it was old and were amazed at the calender on it. I just took to them to see if they knew anything about it,but they said they had never seen one like it. Anyway Thank You again.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
M

medicssiren

Apr 8, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi,
Thanks for the information. You cannot see the lip of the bottle. It is all incased with the brass. I bought it just because it was different. They did tell me that it once belonged to someone in Vincent Price's family,I don't know how true that is and basically I guess it's irrelevant since it wasn't owned by him. I have not been able to find another like it. The local Hispanics in our area that own and operate several restaurants were practically drooling over it. They kept asking me if I was going to keep it. They felt it was old and were amazed at the calender on it. I just took to them to see if they knew anything about it,but they said they had never seen one like it. Anyway Thank You again.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread