What's new

Back from overseas

exnatomp

Full Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2009
Messages
167
Reaction score
22
Golden Thread
0
After returning from a visit to Germany, I dived right in to CRH. In the past week I've search through nearly 11,000 coins of varying denominations. The $800+ in halves and the box of dimes were a bust. The box of nickels produced three war nickels (my best yet); a '44-P, and two '45-P's. But the pennies were really interesting. First I found 22 wheats, the oldest is a '27. One of them has been holed (never seen a holed wheat before) and another is so worn that the design features are barely outlined. I also found a dime in one of those rolls. But I also found what might be an error coin. It's a dull gray in color and slightly larger than a regular penny in diameter. I'll let you decide, pics are below.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0538_1_1.webp
    IMG_0538_1_1.webp
    33.2 KB · Views: 243
  • IMG_0540_1_1.webp
    IMG_0540_1_1.webp
    25.9 KB · Views: 215
  • IMG_0541_1_1.webp
    IMG_0541_1_1.webp
    34.9 KB · Views: 227
Upvote 0
War nickels are very cheap to buy,but thrilling to find. Good score !
 
one of the worst worn wheats I have ever seen....very interested. Not sure about the error....perhaps is was flattened by a vice or something

HH
-GC
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom