What's new

Back From The Beach

deershed

Silver Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2013
Messages
3,307
Reaction score
4,103
Golden Thread
0
Location
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spent the week in O.C. Maryland all last week and metal detected most that time. The boy and I hunted the wet sand at low tide and dry sand after that.
Not much found by either of us other then junk and a pile of clad. The first evening I found a tungsten ring and a turtle (not marked) on a silver clasp. Thought for sure it was a good sign for the week ahead, not.
The boy found a couple earrings marked .925 and a small silver pendant. He also got a stainless steel ring.
When we were getting ready to hit the road to come home I stopped to get gas for the ride home. While pumping gas I look down and there lays a silver necklace with a junk pendant on it? I can't find anything decent all week with the metal detector then eyeball a silver necklace at a gas station?

Once again waiting on the kid for his pics.
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    20.3 KB · Views: 134
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    13.8 KB · Views: 156
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    49.4 KB · Views: 144
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    66.2 KB · Views: 139
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    16.9 KB · Views: 127
Upvote 22
We can't beat that kind of luck can we? All around you both did well.How much is in that pile of change?
 
We can't beat that kind of luck can we? All around you both did well.How much is in that pile of change?

My change count was $23.20, I believe the boy beat me by a quarter or so. Lol
 
Wow, thats a big pile of change and bling. Congrats
 
nice pile of clad Deershed, Im not much of a fan of beaches, 2 summers ago I was at ocean city Maryland detecting and couldn't wait to get back to dirt digging
 
Dang that's a lot of digging! Too bad all that clad wasnt from the 1800's or was Spanish reales!
 
HEY THERE ANTLERS SAY YOUR BACK FROM THE BEACH MAN WHAT A BUNCH OF FINDS DID YOU EVER STOP TO EAT. WHOLE LOT OF DIGGING GOING ON.
 
Doesn't matter how you find it. Ya'll did pretty good. I spent week in Cape May and found two zincs, I hunted everyday. I go eat breakfast and find a wheat in the penny donation tray. I swapped it out for a zinc. Nice job
 
nice pile of clad Deershed, Im not much of a fan of beaches, 2 summers ago I was at ocean city Maryland detecting and couldn't wait to get back to dirt digging

I said the same thing last year. I thought with better detectors this year we'd make out better, not.
I talked to at least a dozen others detecting and only one had found anything decent, a gold wedding band. In think most gets lost in the water and until a big storm washes it up on the beach, it lays unfound?

I went out today here home and make it pretty good...
 
Nice! Congrats on the silver and jewelry finds! Sounds like you all had a good time anyhow.

You did better than I did. My junk surface finds were more interesting than my dug!
 
Good looking jewelry!
 
Thats a lot of digging for change!!!!! Nice score and gas money!!!
 
When you find enough change to pay for most or all of your gas, then it has been worthwhile!


Frank
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom