What's new

Gold, Silver, and even a Buffalo from Tahoe!

oldmxrat

Gold Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2020
Messages
10,928
Reaction score
47,681
Golden Thread
1
Location
Reno Nevada summers, Las Vegas winters
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hardly anybody swimming in the lake for the last several weeks, but the sand has been moving around from the wind waves, so I thought I'd try and hit some of the low spots.
Glad I did!
Got $2.90 in clad,
a HotWheels car,
3 rings,
2 earrings,
a 1935 buffalo, and various other junk.
IMG_2401.webp


The heart ring is a Pandora 925, and the malachite ring isn't stamped but acid tests as Sterling.
IMG_2405.webp
IMG_2406.webp


The 1935-s buffalo nickel was a nice surprise! Thought for sure I was digging another pull tab.
IMG_2402.webp
IMG_2407.webp


One of the earrings is marked 925 and looks like an amethyst.
IMG_2408.webp


The gold is in the form of 16k dental gold, and weighs 2.78g. I have found dental gold in Tahoe every single year since I started md'ing back in 2019!
IMG_2409.webp


A souvenir from SeaWorld.
IMG_2404.webp
 
Upvote 3
Hardly anybody swimming in the lake for the last several weeks, but the sand has been moving around from the wind waves, so I thought I'd try and hit some of the low spots.
Glad I did!
Got $2.90 in clad,
a HotWheels car,
3 rings,
2 earrings,
a 1935 buffalo, and various other junk.
View attachment 2267758

The heart ring is a Pandora 925, and the malachite ring isn't stamped but acid tests as Sterling.
View attachment 2267759View attachment 2267760

The 1935-s buffalo nickel was a nice surprise! Thought for sure I was digging another pull tab.
View attachment 2267761View attachment 2267762

One of the earrings is marked 925 and looks like an amethyst.
View attachment 2267763

The gold is in the form of 16k dental gold, and weighs 2.78g. I have found dental gold in Tahoe every single year since I started md'ing back in 2019!
View attachment 2267764

A souvenir from SeaWorld.
View attachment 2267765
You had a good hunt. Good job on those finds.
 
odd that the tin content in the buffalo hasn't rusted and turned the coin brown like some of the other nickels. I wonder if it might have fallen out of some type of jewelry fairly recently
 
odd that the tin content in the buffalo hasn't rusted and turned the coin brown like some of the other nickels. I wonder if it might have fallen out of some type of jewelry fairly recently
The coin's composition is strictly 75% copper and 25% nickel.
There's no tin in a buffalo nickel.
 
Hardly anybody swimming in the lake for the last several weeks, but the sand has been moving around from the wind waves, so I thought I'd try and hit some of the low spots.
Glad I did!
Got $2.90 in clad,
a HotWheels car,
3 rings,
2 earrings,
a 1935 buffalo, and various other junk.
View attachment 2267758

The heart ring is a Pandora 925, and the malachite ring isn't stamped but acid tests as Sterling.
View attachment 2267759View attachment 2267760

The 1935-s buffalo nickel was a nice surprise! Thought for sure I was digging another pull tab.
View attachment 2267761View attachment 2267762

One of the earrings is marked 925 and looks like an amethyst.
View attachment 2267763

The gold is in the form of 16k dental gold, and weighs 2.78g. I have found dental gold in Tahoe every single year since I started md'ing back in 2019!
View attachment 2267764

A souvenir from SeaWorld.
View attachment 2267765
Nice going on the recoveries.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

  • Back
    Top Bottom