What's new

Back in the SLV again

rginn

Gold Member
Joined
Oct 16, 2007
Messages
9,220
Reaction score
13,580
Golden Thread
0
Location
Summit County, CO
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I keep saying San Luis VALLEY but most of my pics are back in the canyons. It's the largest alpine valley in the world. 122 miles long and 74 miles wide. Checked out the pictograph in one rock shelter and still in good shape. Little evidence of new tampering but still intact. Prairie dogs are setting up residence. Found one cool thing in a canyon. At the end of a gap in the rocks on the canyon rim, somebody set up a wall of rocks. Lot of historic and prehistoric occupation in this canyon but I'll go with historic on this one. I've been in this canyon many times and never spotted this, so probably recent. Could be kids building a fort or a hunting blind. I lean towards hunting, cause excellent setup and you have a great view of anything entering or leaving the canyon. Course I have seen evidence of squatters in this area but nothing to indicate that. No UFO's as usual.
9-15aaa.webp
9-15bbb.webp
9-15eee.webp
9-15ccc.webp
9-15ddd.webp
 
Last edited:
Cool. How old do you think the pictures on the rock are?
Due to the style and what I've seen, I'd go with a thousand years ago, pre-contact anyway. Not farther than that back and probably not after contact. They've been chalked over by well meaning people. What does it mean? Well, I saw a video on youtube claiming it recorded a super nova. OK. I think it just depicts how they hunted this canyon and the two circles are shields, which is usually what those represent in the four corners area. Still, open to interpretation.
 
Here's a better pic of that pictograph Chilli.
Thanks. Its gotta be a good feeling seeing stuff like that in reality.
Even a thousand yrs is awesome. Your more than likely right with your guess age wise knowing the land there as you do. Others guess with no connection from thousands of miles away. When you live there its different altogether.
Thanks for showing me that extra picture. 👍
 
I keep saying San Luis VALLEY but most of my pics are back in the canyons. It's the largest alpine valley in the world. 122 miles long and 74 miles wide. Checked out the pictograph in one rock shelter and still in good shape. Little evidence of new tampering but still intact. Prairie dogs are setting up residence. Found one cool thing in a canyon. At the end of a gap in the rocks on the canyon rim, somebody set up a wall of rocks. Lot of historic and prehistoric occupation in this canyon but I'll go with historic on this one. I've been in this canyon many times and never spotted this, so probably recent. Could be kids building a fort or a hunting blind. I lean towards hunting, cause excellent setup and you have a great view of anything entering or leaving the canyon. Course I have seen evidence of squatters in this area but nothing to indicate that. No UFO's as usual.
View attachment 2225496View attachment 2225497View attachment 2225498View attachment 2225499View attachment 2225500
GREAT Pictures :)_ Thanks for sharing
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom