What's new

Back of a pocket watch?

SkyPirate

Bronze Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2009
Messages
1,861
Reaction score
83
Golden Thread
0
Location
Raleigh North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
looks like the back of a pocket watch. It has some designs on it but also has a hole punched in the middle. 2 inch diameter. It was folded when I found it but I straightened it out a little when I cleaned it. The hole seems to have ben punched in it after manufacturing.
 

Attachments

  • DSCN3559.webp
    DSCN3559.webp
    25.6 KB · Views: 254
  • DSCN3561.webp
    DSCN3561.webp
    25.2 KB · Views: 224
  • DSCN3540.webp
    DSCN3540.webp
    25.5 KB · Views: 245
  • DSCN3559.webp
    DSCN3559.webp
    25.6 KB · Views: 237
  • DSCN3561.webp
    DSCN3561.webp
    25.2 KB · Views: 209
could be a watch back, but I'd lean more towards parade horse tack
 
Upvote 0
looks like a bullet hole

Might be a fob watch back or maybe a compact back :-\
 
Upvote 0
I agree decoration for a saddle or some other type of horse tack. The hole would be where the leather was passed through then tied to hold it in place.
 
Upvote 0
Some of the amature experts at the club meeting tonight say it's a watch back. You can tell the hole was punched in after the fact. A manufactured hole would be cleaner on the inside.
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom