Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After a weekend of digging in sand at the Ocean City seed hunt, I decided to revisit the Honey Hole with the DEUS. Yesterday there was a forecast of showers around noon but I took a chance anyway. I hate it when I listen to the weatherman and it doesn't rain. I'm anxious to get my silver coin count up and sitting home isn't going to get that done.
I searched the Honey Hole for about 4 hours before finally admitting that the nectar is gone. I moved to a lawn just north of where I was and started to immediately get 4 inch deep penny signals. Still reluctant to dig shallow signals in the Penny / Dime range, I listened for the "POP" that is a signature tone that a steel bottle cap gives off at depths of 3 inches or less.
I finally got a solid 94 at about 6 inches. Sure enough, a Silver Roosevelt Dime. Another signal that came in like a silver dime was a Canadian Penny. They must have better Copper up there, Eh??
IMG_4198.JPGIMG_4197.JPG

IMG_4196.JPGIMG_4199.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 9
Nice silver find. The dog tags are cool. :occasion14:

Congratz! Keep pulling that silver! I wish I could dig the occasional Canadian coin.

Nice finds!, you know what you mean about needing to dig in the dirt after playing in the sand, felt the same way when I went on vacation last year

i live near Buffalo, NY and we get lots of Canadian pennies here and they do indeed fool me most of the time...

Looks like you caught a few and a couple keepers. Congrats on the silver. I am up to $2.29 Canadian. Had so many cents that I bought a Canadian coin folder. When I find a good coin, it's a win, and when it fills a slot in one of my folders, it becomes a win-win.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back