What's new

Back to the good spot...2 hours of sifting

timtreasure

Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 10, 2007
Messages
69
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
none right now....but looking for one
went back to the "good spot" for a couple hours and ended up spending most of the time horsing around with my youngest daughter at the creek, but we had fun and she did some digging. We found some brokes and a couple of bird points and a couple of "I dont knows" what do you guys think, also some cave pictures . Each picture is a different cave .the creek picture is about 175 ft down the hill from our present dig hope you enjoy Thanks Tim
 

Attachments

  • SSC_0058.webp
    SSC_0058.webp
    110.9 KB · Views: 395
  • SSC_0059.webp
    SSC_0059.webp
    117.4 KB · Views: 383
  • SSC_0060.webp
    SSC_0060.webp
    139.8 KB · Views: 386
  • SSC_0061.webp
    SSC_0061.webp
    122.8 KB · Views: 386
  • SSC_0067.webp
    SSC_0067.webp
    28.9 KB · Views: 377
  • SSC_0066.webp
    SSC_0066.webp
    19.4 KB · Views: 375
  • SSC_0065.webp
    SSC_0065.webp
    18.8 KB · Views: 375
  • SSC_0062.webp
    SSC_0062.webp
    137.3 KB · Views: 385
  • SSC_0070.webp
    SSC_0070.webp
    11.6 KB · Views: 379
  • SSC_0069.webp
    SSC_0069.webp
    19 KB · Views: 380
  • SSC_0068.webp
    SSC_0068.webp
    32.3 KB · Views: 380
  • SSC_0071.webp
    SSC_0071.webp
    14.4 KB · Views: 372
Upvote 0
more pics..........
 

Attachments

  • SSC_0064.webp
    SSC_0064.webp
    112.2 KB · Views: 376
  • SSC_0063.webp
    SSC_0063.webp
    108.2 KB · Views: 366
  • SSC_0073.webp
    SSC_0073.webp
    18.9 KB · Views: 372
  • SSC_0072.webp
    SSC_0072.webp
    10.1 KB · Views: 379
Oh man those pictures of the kids are priceless!! I would hang on to those for when they get older.
Yes I am recognising the points. Some of that red chert may be what they call horse creek chert. Can you shoot a bigger picture when you have time of this one point??? :notworthy:
Great hunt and memorys !!!!!!
TnMtns
 

Attachments

  • SSC_0070.webp
    SSC_0070.webp
    4.4 KB · Views: 331
will this help, any idea what the large stone is thanks tim
 

Attachments

  • CSC_0076.webp
    CSC_0076.webp
    8.4 KB · Views: 336
  • CSC_0077.webp
    CSC_0077.webp
    8.5 KB · Views: 339
It could be a hammerstone but its in pretty bad shape and split. The second looks like a natural rock. Can you re- shoot that point in your picture I re posted when you have time? I would like to see the ears on that base. Looks older than your other stuff maybe by thousands of years and might be good news for your digs. You are doing great by the way. I know treefrog will enjoy seeing this post.
Biigger picture of this point??
Thanks !!
 

Attachments

  • SSC_0070.webp
    SSC_0070.webp
    4.4 KB · Views: 311
  • SSC_0070.webp
    SSC_0070.webp
    4.4 KB · Views: 316
Loved the pics...love caves and shelters but caves in partuclar. I noticed what looks like some shelters on a rocky bluff today. I'm hoping I can get permission to check them out. Have no idea who owns the land so I have to get my hands on a platt map.
 
Nice pics, I'm a big fan of caves and shelters too. There's just something about em, or maybe it's because I've lived in karst topography all my life. I can't really help on the large stone piece, except that it looks altered by man. You have some interesting materials in your area, nice finds. Good to see some girls who aren't scared of a little dirt, lol.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom