Dec 28, 2016
NH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600 - & ProPointer AT-------

Back Ups: AT Pro, Tesoro Royal Sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went back up to the spot where I found the 1718 2R Pistareen on Thursday.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/today-s-finds/628589-big-old-colonial-silver-plus-more.html

I concentrated on the what im thinking was the front yard, and used the 6" coil on the equinox. Had the sensitivity at 19 and was sweeping the iron slow. I found two buttons, one of which has a nice flower design. The other plain.

Then I headed towards where the orchard was on the south facing side, and got a high squeak in all directions. I had my large 15" coil for sweeping the orchard and this was hitting between 28 and 35 on the VDI. I dug down and pinpointed a Matron Head LC. Date ends in zero, so either 1820 or 1830 im guessing. Its pretty cruddy but sounded awesome in the headphones.

Two of my friends were with me digging, and they each got a couple buttons and an 1875 indian which was probably dropped by a hunter or hiker way back. The town history book shows this spot was abandoned after 1829.

I took a few pictures of what some of the terrain looks like again, since some of you said you liked that from the first post.

march7.1.jpg
march7.5.jpg
march7.6.jpg
march7.4.jpg
march7.3.jpg
march7.2.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 14

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Amazing what you guys find in the woods- Congrats!

E-Trac-Ohio

Gold Member
Feb 9, 2020
Eastern Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great finds !
Hunting old sites out in the woods is the best - no one around - I love it !

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice job on the woods hunt! :icon_thumleft:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Freakin nice I'm still looking for one of those that site being abandoned in 1829 wow not much would be a surprise to find keep em coming

OP
OP
SultansOfSwing

SultansOfSwing

Dec 28, 2016
NH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600 - & ProPointer AT-------

Back Ups: AT Pro, Tesoro Royal Sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Freakin nice I'm still looking for one of those that site being abandoned in 1829 wow not much would be a surprise to find keep em coming

Thanks Tommy. Yeah this place only has 2 occupants over the years. Theres a couple more spots on the map above this site I want to check out. We tried finding the next one last Saturday but couldnt find it. I think we over shot it then were too far too the left and missed it on the way back down the mountain. That spot had at least 3 occupants and was in use from late 1700s until mid 1800s when a freak tornado hit the mountain and ruined a lot of homes and barns.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread