Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went over to visit my aunt this morning.? She has a small house built in the early 1940s, which is relatively an older house compared to the ones in my neighborhood.? She found out I had a metal detector and wanted to see what was in her yard.? I took over my ACE 250 and gave her a quick lesson on how it works, set it on "coins" and let her go.? I used my GTI 2500 and hunted along an old clothes line while she ran willy nilly as a new detectorist is want to do.? Every few minutes she would yell at me and say she had something.? Most of the time indications were that it was trash but she did find a few clad pennies and felt good abouit it.? Meanwhile I found three wheat cents, a 1936, a 1949D and a 1952.? I also found a 1964 Nickel, a clad dime and three clad penniues.? ?I turned up a US Army collar insignia that was showing a dollar at 4". Also found a silver hair clasp but my aunt broke it playing with it,? It is marked 925 sterling on the stem.? Having found the wheat cents and the 1964 Nickel I think there is probably some silver coinage over there and will go back when I can hunt it and pay more attention to what I am doing.? My aunt said she had a ball and is already talking about getting permission to hunt several other houses in her neighborhood.

Attachments

• DSC00210.JPG
    DSC00210.JPG
    24.4 KB · Views: 369
  • DSC00209.JPG
    DSC00209.JPG
    41.5 KB · Views: 371
Upvote 0

Johnny X

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2005
Jerseyville Illinois
Detector(s) used
White's Spec. XLT..... My Eyes
Sounds like a good time.

Let us know what her house/ and those other houses in her neighborhood yield!!!!

HH

Steven

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Nice. ?I have dug a couple of buttons like the one you had there, but I was never sure what they were. ?Thanks for the ID. ?Happy Hunting!

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
way to go jim! that military pin is a great find,and silver ,even broken silver,is great to find. you know there are some mercs there waiting for you! hurry back there and dont forget to post your finds! :)

SugarSand

May 4, 2005
Iowa
Excellent finds there, Mr Burns! Sorry, I like your avatar too much... Can't wait to see what else you find there.

treasurekidd

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2004
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Get back there and hunt, there's bound to be silver hiding under that lawn!! As for the sterling clip - broken silver is still silver!! HH!

kermit

Aug 9, 2005
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Whites V3I, AT PRO, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those wheats are in real good shape............

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jim!

Nice finds! And....you got yourself a partner!

Sounds like you two had a great time!!

Congrats!!

Nana ;)

OP
OP
Monty

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of those wheats is bent as is one of the clad pennies. I find a lot of bent pennies, I think they are being hit by lawn mowers. I can't imagine what else could bend them like that? There is a small slab out by the back fence where the old incenerator use to be. Before the City had trash pickup everyone use to burn their trash in the back yard. I got multiple hits around that slab out there, so many it was hard to sort them out. I'm going to hit that area with my 4 1/2" coil and see if I can seperate the good signals from the junk. I know a lot if it is rusted junk from trash burning days but some might be good targets. JIM aka KS

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Great digs Jim, WTG!!!
Sounds like you'll have some nice sites to hunt in the future...
Good idea on the small coil. I need to get me one for the trashy spots in a few of the parks around here.
There's one park that we have hunted to death, all but one corner and it's just so full of old bottle caps it's hard to hear anything in between them...
Good luck & Happy hunting~

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread