What's new

Bag seal help updated find and pics

Broken knee

Bronze Member
Joined
Dec 12, 2009
Messages
1,909
Reaction score
785
Golden Thread
0
Location
in your back yard
Detector(s) used
excal 2
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bag seal help updated find and pic's

I found this today the design is twin anchors any info appreciated.
Thanks & HH
Broken Knee
 

Attachments

  • watchfob 093.webp
    watchfob 093.webp
    23.9 KB · Views: 290
  • watchfob 091.webp
    watchfob 091.webp
    24 KB · Views: 289
Re: Bag seal help

:read2:

I think it might be 4 Crosses :P rather than Anchors :icon_thumleft:

SS
 
Upvote 0
Re: Bag seal help

Silver Searcher said:
:read2:

I think it might be 4 Crosses :P rather than Anchors :icon_thumleft:

SS
SS do you have any pic's showing the 4 cross mark?
 
Upvote 0
Re: Bag seal help

Broken knee said:
Silver Searcher said:
:read2:

I think it might be 4 Crosses :P rather than Anchors :icon_thumleft:

SS
SS do you have any pic's showing the 4 cross mark?
Looking now :icon_thumleft: they look like the cross and crosslet image :icon_thumleft:

SS
 
Upvote 0
Re: Bag seal help

I think it reads guarantee.
 
Upvote 0
Re: Bag seal help

Looks like two H 's crossed at 90 degree angle to me.
 
Upvote 0
Re: Bag seal help

IronSpike said:
I think it reads guarantee.
IS, it does read that the other image look like anchors if you look at the cut line to the left i see the tip of the fluke.
Also to the left is the & sign :dontknow:
 
Upvote 0
Re: Bag seal help

Looks like '&' to the left of crosses/anchors/H's.
 
Upvote 0
Re: Bag seal help

this image shows what i believe to be the fluke tip
 

Attachments

  • watchfob 092.webp
    watchfob 092.webp
    17.7 KB · Views: 273
Upvote 0
Re: Bag seal help

Broken knee said:
SS do you have any pic's showing the 4 cross mark?

Here are some 4 marks, but you don't see them much in the "guaranteed" era.

[update]
Anchors don't have the tics on the ends... they usually do have a ring tho. I added a pic of a cross that matches, but really I think it is a larger design.
 

Attachments

  • The_Variety_of_4_Marks.webp
    The_Variety_of_4_Marks.webp
    44.6 KB · Views: 258
  • Cross-Potent-Heraldry.webp
    Cross-Potent-Heraldry.webp
    560 bytes · Views: 306
Upvote 0
Re: Bag seal help updated new find's

I went out to the same site today and found 2 more not 5 ft. apart. I hope with the new pic's someone can Id the Co.? :icon_thumright:
Thanks and HH
Broken Knee
 

Attachments

  • bag seal update 030.webp
    bag seal update 030.webp
    23.4 KB · Views: 215
  • bag seal update 038.webp
    bag seal update 038.webp
    26.5 KB · Views: 212
Upvote 0
Re: Bag seal help updated new find's

Broken knee said:
I went out to the same site today and found 2 more not 5 ft. apart. I hope with the new pic's someone can Id the Co.? :icon_thumright:
Thanks and HH
Broken Knee
Ahhh so they were crosses, they look quite modern, don't think bag seal..maybee electrical seals :icon_scratch:

SS
 
Upvote 0
Re: Bag seal help

Awesome :hello2: H & H Co. or Happy Hunting? ;D

Great follow up Broken knee :icon_sunny: :read2:
 
Upvote 0
Re: Bag seal help

IronSpike said:
Awesome :hello2: H & H Co. or Happy Hunting? ;D

Great follow up Broken knee :icon_sunny: :read2:
I was very surprised to find 2 more
 
Upvote 0
Re: Bag seal help

Silver Searcher said:
Broken knee said:
Silver Searcher said:
:read2:

I think it might be 4 Crosses :P rather than Anchors :icon_thumleft:

SS
SS do you have any pic's showing the 4 cross mark?
Looking now :icon_thumleft: they look like the cross and crosslet image :icon_thumleft:

SS
SS, YOU D MAN :notworthy:
BK
 
Upvote 0
Re: Bag seal help updated find and pic's

Is there any info on US bag seals or company marks? :help:
Broken Knee
 
Upvote 0
Re: Bag seal help updated find and pic's

I'm throwing my hat in the ring and saying I think they're fairly modern(1920s-50s) lead wire seals made by the H & H Company. ;D Breezie
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom