What's new

Bank called me today

Cat J

Hero Member
Joined
Dec 17, 2007
Messages
789
Reaction score
4
Golden Thread
0
Location
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX; Whites Sufe Master PI Pro
Now it seems the bank is not happy with charging just a fee for ordering boxes. They are now saying a person is only allowed to order ONE BOX per week and only from one branch. Now why limit the boxes if they are charging the fee. Yes this is Old National bank. Can anyone tell me what banks they order from and are not being charged a fee or are not limited to how many boxes they can order.

Thanks
Cat

Glad summer is almost here time to go out on the jetski anyway. Now I have my new underwater MD I will take it with me and hunt the river banks. LOL Might even just dive with it and hit the river bottom.
 
Upvote 0
I order from Washington Mutual with no charge. I also order from Wells Fargo and pay $4 per box. I'm going to push WF to drop this charge since that is where I do all my banking. I have been testing the WAMU deal before I pushed them, but now is the time.
 
Is this Old National situation a local issue or what? I order boxes without fees, limits, or accounts for that matter from an Old National in the area. You may just want to try another O.N. a little further away. It seems stupid that a bank that is making money off of ordering boxes for customers would want to stop the free money. It is probably a bad (or lazy) teller in the mix. The O.N. head teller I spoke with stated that the contract they have with Brinks wouldn't limit the number of boxes I could get. I could get as many as I want ! :o I have just been taking it easy though. I don't want to abuse it.

I order from a number of different banks without fees or accounts. You might try Mutual Federal Savings or Star Financial if they are down in your area. About the only place I can't get coin in the area is Chase. They won't even answer a question for you if you don't have an account number. ::) As I have mentioned in other posts, getting coin is easy - getting rid of it is the hard part. If we could combine our areas, it would be perfect.

Good Luck.
cmhoose
 
yep the guy in Evansville in charge of who orders money is making all these rules up as he goes. I don't know why.

Thanks
Cat
 
I order from Bank Of America and Peoples Bank. I havent had to deal with a fee or limit yet. BOA is very good to me, those always order 2 boxes a week and are always very nice. I dont abuse it because of this. I have had trouble with New Allicance bank though, They wanted to charge $20 per box.
 
Yup Evansville, IN. The guy that is over the Indianapolis, Evansville etc etc branches sent a memo to all his branchs saying no more half dollars to personal customers except one box per week. You can email him at Gary.Rumsey@OldNational.com

Good luck
Cat
 
Aaaah,, Evansville. I spent all of my Christmas's and a lot of my summers in Evansville. A lot of nice memories..
 
It must depend on the branch.

<<I also order from Wells Fargo and pay $4 per box. I'm going to push WF to drop this charge since that is where I do all my banking>>

Wells Fargo here brings me 4 boxes of penies each Wednesday at each of two locations. That's 8 boxes a week from WF, and no charge, no issue, no limit.
 
Cat J said:
yep the guy in Evansville in charge of who orders money is making all these rules up as he goes. I don't know why.

Thanks
Cat

Well, it happened. I was wondering if this would affect ordering halves up here as well. It has. >:( Today I went in to O.N. to pick up the 4 boxes I had waiting on me. The head teller stated that your buddy in Evansville (or wherever) sent an email to all O.N. branches about the new one box limit. She said she didn't know if it was going to be permanent or just until things blow over. She also said the memo just indicated "halves" as being the limited coins. So I am assuming all other denominations are still open. I think anyone who orders halves from O.N. should be patient and wait to see what is going to happen. I don't think sending a bunch of emails to this guy is a good idea. He seems pretty high on the bank food chain.
Although, I am with you on this subject. I am not sure why they would want to stop the "free money" coming in on fees for ordering these boxes. I figure there is possibly some static coming from Brinks about how many boxes they were having to transport. Possibly contract issues between Brinks and O.N. on coin limits. I am going to try to get more info about this email the next time I go in.

HH all!
cmhoose
 
I read the emails myself. He says any personal customer is only allowed one box per week no matter what denomination. He is going to change the way they order money because he feels there is to much unnecessary ordering. Yep I did not send him an email either I am just looking for new banks. US Bank has been really good about ordering for me. I just don't see the need to limit to one box when I was paying his stupid fee.

HH
Cat
 
US Bank has offered to order boxes for me (no fee) when I call them inquiring about halves. And I don't even have an account with them.

Jim
 
Yes they have been ordering for me for three weeks now and I do not have an account there yet.

HH
Cat
 
How has the quality been? I have not yet taken them up on their offer for the boxes, in that my regular bank orders them for me. I would like to get more but I don't think I could handle having to dump more than I already am each week.

Do these sell brink's rolls?

Jim
 
Hey, Miss "J".......

I wouldn't pay a fee for squat.

Had a bank that wanted to charge me 2% to order boxes (that ='s $20 per thousand) and 2.5% to deposit coin.... and I have an account with 'em.

Waita minit......... you wanna charge ME $25 to DEPOSIT to my account if I drop a grand?

Kiss my grits...........

Go one step up the food-chain.... I did. It stopped.

"I'll close accounts, redirect direct deposit, keep a lil' bit here so I can screw with you, and have a nice day...."

Robin
 
Well the problem is they are coming from Louisville which is where my dumps were going. So I need to do something else. So it depends on where they are coming from but that is hard to figure out since the tellers don't have a clue.

HH
Cat
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom