bank dump and an unwelcome smile

keithinvestigations

Mar 21, 2007
Ellisville, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75 LE
Well, I made my second dump today at the main branch of my bank. The teller there had this big scowl on her face when I walked in. I asked her if she wasn't happy to see me. She said, well you bought some half dollars the other day (two weeks ago) and brought in a bunch last week (64 rolls to be exact) and you are bringing in a bunch today (63 to be exact). I asked her if that was a problem? She stated, no it's just a big hassle and I'm giving you a hard time. I apologized profusely and told her I was collecting certain ones. I guess I am going to have to spread my dumps around. However, I hate to do so because it does muddy the waters when searching. Maybe it boils down to the fact that I live in a small town and they really aren't used to getting a bunch of change, especially halves. Got two boxes in today that the other branch of my bank ordered for me. A teller jokingly told me, "don't bring them back."

Have you guys heard of any banks that have policies that are against coin roll hunters?

Upvote 0

silverfinder37

Mar 24, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
looking for an Explorer
Kevin, do you live next to any larger towns/cities if so you need to find a bank that has several branches that have coin counters that you can dump at.
Here is a link for banks bay state and city that alot of us here use.
http://www.usabancshares.com/index.htm
here is one for credit unions
http://www.creditunionsonline.com/search.php
It is very important to not burnout your banks as they are our source for coins :)
With a little effort I'm sure you can find some coin counters in your area that you can dump your coins at, less bank employee interactions equals less hassles for you.
Just my 2 halves worth. I have burnt a bank out in the past.
Plus you don't have to re-roll all those coins.
Hope this helps you out.
Best Regards, Ray

OP
OP
keithinvestigations

keithinvestigations

Mar 21, 2007
Ellisville, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75 LE
I have never seen a coin counter at a bank. I've seen the ones that charge you a fee to count at a local grocery store. What's the best way to find one, just call around?

silverfinder37

Mar 24, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
looking for an Explorer
Kevin, find a bank that has alot/several branches and call and ask if they have coin counters free for their customers may take a little work but in the long run it will make life CRHing much much easier.
Best Regards, Ray

silverfinder37

Mar 24, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
looking for an Explorer
keithinvestigations said:
Thanks for the advice Ray. BTW it's Davy Keith. Not sure who Kevin is.
Man I am sorry Kevin haha I mean Kieth!
no matter what I do now you'll always be kevin to me :)
Keep up the great CRHing.
Best Regards, Ray

TxTim

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2007
Texas
Detector(s) used
DFX & SE
I spread mine around to a lot of branches but,
I live in Houston and have that luxury.
I also like to dump $1000 at a time so they have a minimum to return to the Feds ASAP.

MalteseFalcon

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2005
Ooooh.....120-something rolls in 2 weeks.....how AWFUL! ::)

She has an attitude problem.

Yeah...spread them around.

I have only encountered one problem woman, and it was in a branch of my main bank in a nearby small town...where I NEVER go.....

I walked in the door with the box and she loudly said "WE DON'T TAKE THOSE HERE!"
I walked up and dropped the box on the counter and said I want to make a deposit, and handed the other teller my deposit slip. The other teller processed my deposit, while I said to the older lady "I thought you were required to accept U.S. currency!". She glared at me, and then said some other guy brought halves in there occasionally. So I then said "I am not the other guy am I?". She said "Well no..." I said "Have a nice day." and walked out with my receipt.

She does not like it? She needs to quit her job!

;D

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
I order from one bank and dump at another. Kindof a courtesy thing me and the vault tellers have worked out.

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
god forbid you ask someone to do their job! thats what she gets paid to do, service the banks customers. it doesn't matter what type of transaction it is, it is still her job. i wouldn't find another bank, maybe i would suggest that the bank finds another teller. ::) ;D

SwampHunter

Mar 6, 2007
Samuel Watson's Old Place
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70, Tesoro Silver uMax, Fisher 1265X, Garrett Ace 250, Garrett Pro Pointer
I live in a small town. Most of the tellers here gripe about it too. Bottom line is it is their job! I am tired of the attitudes. If they don't like dealing with change then they need a different job. The next time I run into an attitude with any of the tellers in my bank I will be pulling my account and letting the supervisor know as to why. Apperently some of these tellers don't like their jobs.

OP
OP
keithinvestigations

keithinvestigations

Mar 21, 2007
Ellisville, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75 LE
MalteseFalcon said:
Ooooh.....120-something rolls in 2 weeks.....how AWFUL! ::)

She has an attitude problem.

Yeah...spread them around.

I have only encountered one problem woman, and it was in a branch of my main bank in a nearby small town...where I NEVER go.....

I walked in the door with the box and she loudly said "WE DON'T TAKE THOSE HERE!"
I walked up and dropped the box on the counter and said I want to make a deposit, and handed the other teller my deposit slip. The other teller processed my deposit, while I said to the older lady "I thought you were required to accept U.S. currency!". She glared at me, and then said some other guy brought halves in there occasionally. So I then said "I am not the other guy am I?". She said "Well no..." I said "Have a nice day." and walked out with my receipt.

She does not like it? She needs to quit her job!

;D

That's funny, quick thinking, I would have done the same thing! Too many people want to bitch about doing their job. I deal with government workers a lot who have the same attitude.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread