Cerulean
Sr. Member
- Joined
- Dec 1, 2006
- Messages
- 297
- Reaction score
- 2
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Washington, DC
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
Went on a spree today, hitting all branches of my primary bank in the near area, and a few others. Looked for half dollars and dollar coins, and tried $2 bills for a change, to see how easy they are to find.
Banks visited: 7
Searched through:
$2.00 in nickels
$157.50 in halves
$319.00 in small dollars
$324.00 in $2 bills
Keepers:
1x 1969-D Kennedy half
1x 1976-D Eisenhower dollar
1x 2004-P Sacagawea dollar
Small dollar breakdown:
1979-P = 21
1979-D = 3
1979-S = 2
1980-P = 1
1980-D = 2
1999-P = 3
2000-P = 79
2000-D = 23
2001-P = 24
2001-D = 1
2004-P = 1
2007-P Washington = 31
2007-P Adams = 37
2007-P Jefferson = 22
+ 3 N.F. String wrapped Jefferson dollar rolls
$2 breakdown:
series 1976 = 3
series 1995 = 7
series 2003 = 14
series 2003A = 6
+ 7 sequential series 2003A bills
+ $50 bank-banded sequential series 2003 bills
+ $200 BEP-banded sequential series 2003A bills
The Bottom Line: I knew small dollars are easy to find in this area, but I was surprised with how many $2s I could find. I turned down many rolls of Presidential dollars, and took only a small fraction of the $2s that many banks were holding. (At least three banks told me they had "thousands" of them.)
Most banks I talk to said that they throw away foreign coins that they find. I'll give them my contact info so that this waste can be remedied.
Banks visited: 7
Searched through:
$2.00 in nickels
$157.50 in halves
$319.00 in small dollars
$324.00 in $2 bills
Keepers:
1x 1969-D Kennedy half
1x 1976-D Eisenhower dollar
1x 2004-P Sacagawea dollar
Small dollar breakdown:
1979-P = 21
1979-D = 3
1979-S = 2
1980-P = 1
1980-D = 2
1999-P = 3
2000-P = 79
2000-D = 23
2001-P = 24
2001-D = 1
2004-P = 1
2007-P Washington = 31
2007-P Adams = 37
2007-P Jefferson = 22
+ 3 N.F. String wrapped Jefferson dollar rolls
$2 breakdown:
series 1976 = 3
series 1995 = 7
series 2003 = 14
series 2003A = 6
+ 7 sequential series 2003A bills
+ $50 bank-banded sequential series 2003 bills
+ $200 BEP-banded sequential series 2003A bills
The Bottom Line: I knew small dollars are easy to find in this area, but I was surprised with how many $2s I could find. I turned down many rolls of Presidential dollars, and took only a small fraction of the $2s that many banks were holding. (At least three banks told me they had "thousands" of them.)
Most banks I talk to said that they throw away foreign coins that they find. I'll give them my contact info so that this waste can be remedied.
Upvote
0







