What's new

Bank Puts The Hammer Down - Twice

MentalUnrest

Hero Member
Joined
Nov 14, 2010
Messages
744
Reaction score
113
Golden Thread
0
Called in my normal order on Friday and manager informed me there would now be a charge for any boxes ordered. He said they put in a coin order every week but if they went over their normal order they were charged, thus that would be passed on to me. Went to another branch (same bank) I dump at and was told I would be now charged a 2% fee for any coins counted.

I order from 2 other banks as well and in past week have been told I can still order with no fee but they can not get me my normal 4 box order and only 2. They said they have been overwhelmed with coin orders in the past month. I think the rising silver prices have spawned a lot of people in my area to start CRH.

From what I have read in the past month here, it seems banks are putting a stop to a lot of silver searchers out there.
 
Upvote 0
I feel for you.. I would be opening another account at a different bank. Tell them from teh start how many boxes you want a week and that you will open an account if they will take care of you.

Just make sure you let them know that you will deposit money as well as buy coins lol.

I feel lucky... I have 1 bank that is ordering me 2 boxes a week.

I have another bank that I am not a member of ordering me 1 box a week. I think I'm going to ask them to up it to 2, but I just started buying from them. I don't want to push it too fast.

I have another bank that I'm not a member of that said they will order me a box a week starting Friday.

I did however walk into a bank today that told me they have $450 in halves, but they can't sell them to me because I'm not a member. Her words were "there is a lot of counterfeit money out there so we need to know who is depositing money".

I laughed. I told her that I would give her my license, but that didn't work. I left empty handed.
 
SeaninNH said:
I did however walk into a bank today that told me they have $450 in halves, but they can't sell them to me because I'm not a member. Her words were "there is a lot of counterfeit money out there so we need to know who is depositing money".

I laughed. I told her that I would give her my license, but that didn't work. I left empty handed.

I had a banker tell me it would take a week to open an account-"because it takes that long to run a the background check so we know where your money comes from"
 
I just open a new bank account so I could have a place to dump. Then from the same branch I order my halfs. So far no problem.....Matt
 
It's a shame that when you make people do more work than normal in this country they have a fuss over it ??? >:( The word "BANK" is a bad name in my vocabulary
 
Tell your dump bank you would be glad to stop dumping coins there if they agree to order you a couple of boxes a week. And of course turn the old pickup bank into a dump bank.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom