What's new

Barber Half and Quarter + IHPs! Best 3hrs of hunting this year!!

mack0238

Full Member
Joined
May 10, 2015
Messages
122
Reaction score
304
Golden Thread
0
Location
Rochester, MN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My friend Andy and I had three hours to go to an 1878-map school house site. I have been to the site before, and the farmer is very nice about permission to hunt whenever I want. I can NOT believe how much the rain has helped my hunting. I swear that I walked over the exact ground when it was dry last week... and found nothing!!!!!!!!!! A good lesson about waiting till it's wet. Andy found 5 items... and I found 5 items!!!
-1906 Barber Half
-1907 Barber Quarter
-1918 Merc Dime
-Palmolive Soap Token
-1879 IHP
-1881 IHP
-1892 IHP
-1904 IHP
-Unreadable IHP
-1941 Wheatie


Cheers to all!
 

Attachments

  • 2016-05-12 14.07.47.webp
    2016-05-12 14.07.47.webp
    1 MB · Views: 174
  • 2016-05-12 14.07.53.webp
    2016-05-12 14.07.53.webp
    703.6 KB · Views: 151
  • IMG_0844.webp
    IMG_0844.webp
    1.1 MB · Views: 152
  • New1.webp
    New1.webp
    106.9 KB · Views: 146
  • New2.webp
    New2.webp
    536.1 KB · Views: 162
  • New3.webp
    New3.webp
    612 KB · Views: 170
  • New4.webp
    New4.webp
    523.2 KB · Views: 170
Upvote 34
Very nice finds. The barber coins are just awesome. Congrats!
 
Holy crap, that Barber half is just beautiful! Big congrats, and don't swallow it!
 
Holy crap, that Barber half is just beautiful! Big congrats, and don't swallow it!

LOL... thanks.. the hunt was very fun, and with all the adrenaline and happiness, I for some reason thought I should put it in my mouth.:icon_scratch: Glad I didn't eat it... although it looks good enough to eat!:tongue3:
 
Delicious is right! I found a 1904 half in similar condition several years ago. They sure don't come out like that very often.
 
Excellent hunt,, that half dollar had some real buying power back in 1907.
Either the teacher or some wealthy kid dropped that coin.
Makes me wonder?? Did parents pick there kids up after school?
Congrats
 
Awesome hunt!! I'd settle for a Walker, Sweet Barber!!
 
Awesome! You even split the barbers, nice. I'd be out there again asap if it were me.
Grats on the super day, thanks for sharing and HH ALL.
 
A dream Coin Hunt indeed.
 
Congratz! That Barber half is awesome, the quarter isn't too shabby either. I never complain with Mercs and Indians.

FYI - There is some crazy looking dude trying to eat your coin in the last pic! :tard:
 
Incredible digs! That Barber half is worth a couple hundred simoleons all by itself. The rain has been helping me too, I got my first Barber half last week but it was just in VG condition with an old ding - still very happy with it. The Merc looks beautiful too. Way to go!!!
 
Those are beautiful silvers...Congratulations and good luck on your next outing!!!
 
I'm from Burnsville, nice half brothet
 
Congrats to the both of you for digging 5 keepers each. :occasion14: Research and permission sure can pay off!!!!:thumbsup:
 
WOW.......you sure scored big on that hunt.......
There's bound to be more in that there dirt!!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom