What's new

Barber half, bucket list coin yay!

Fast Ed

Full Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2013
Messages
243
Reaction score
313
Golden Thread
0
Location
Scotia, ny
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Garrett AT Max, Garrett Pro Pointer, Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hunting an 1850's horse farm on the hottest day of the summer, sweatin buckets. So i figure ill just hunt any shade areas until i get some cooler days and bingo about four inches down i get a solid 93 on the AT Pro. When i get such a solid number im sure to dig my plug with an extra margine to prevent scratching my finds.

If anyone can advise me on how to clean it i would appreciate it. As you can see it is stained with an almost rust colored patina?

image.webpimage.webpimage.webp
 
Upvote 44
Nice early barber half. To clean it start with some lemon juice and a q-tip. Less is more;)

Steve
 
That's an absolutely beautiful coin! It looks like XF-AU condition with beautiful details. Be very careful scrubbing it as you don't want to leave any hairlines, personally I'd just try a 1/2 water 1/2 lemon juice mix for 10-20 minutes and see if it removes any tarnish and if not, leave it at that.
 
NICE COIN THERE ED.....
 
If you do decide to clean it , don't use anything abrasive ! I kind of like the toning - makes me think there was a lot of
mint luster on that coin when it was dropped .
 
Thanks guys, im thinking of trying the 50% lemon juice. Its not a key date so im not too worried about losing value. Ill post a picture when im done.
 
Very nice detail, early date and cool patina. You look to me like you are "set to jet"!

Very well done!
 
Beautiful barber half. I would like a barber anything. May have to settle for a haircut.
 
Beautiful barber half. I would like a barber anything. May have to settle for a haircut.

Lol, keep swingin, you will find one 😎
 
Awesome job on the half!, I found my 1st half this year 1904 s barber

Great job!
 
That is a beauty ! :occasion14:
 
Congrats! Awesome looking silver Barber half!
 
Nicely done and congrats on another bucket list find.
I also found an 1893 Barber Half earlier this month. My first.. I do know how you are feeling.
 
Great looking half. I think I would rinse off in water and that's it. Love the rainbow on the reverse. :occasion14:
 
Must be a barber half type of year . Seems like a lot are popping up
 
Congrats on the barber half :occasion14: Now I just wished i'd find one :laughing7:
 
Nice coin! Still on my list, someday....maybe.
 
Great find...looks to be f-xf. I don't have a rebook but prolly around 40+ dollars. Keep it up!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom