Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Getting back to my unorthodox treasure finding roots I bring you today a most unusual discovery.

As I was sifting through a hoard of Barbies, which I found in the local neighborhood trash, I noticed one was wearing something a bit more valuable looking than the others.
20220623_021707.jpg

20220623_021712.jpg

20220623_021734.jpg

Apparently some child must have felt that the hole in Barbie's hand, which normally would accommodate interchangeable plastic rings, would look better if filled with one of their parent's 18k gold diamond earrings.
20220623_030702.jpg

20220623_033729.jpg

Over $150 in gold just like that.

As for the dolls I'll be donating them to the local thrift store, they're not dirty or anything if you were wondering, some kid probubly just got too old and their parents just threw them away. The gold wasn't the only valuable thing I found today, just thought you would like this story for now, as it's slightly more unusual than my typical discoveries.

Upvote 22

Jose The Goon

Apr 1, 2017
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000D, 6000Di, Eagle, & PI 1000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great find of the gold with the diamond. Now, I'm sure you probably know that old Barbies can be quite valuable. Just in case you might not be aware, make sure you don't have one or more of the "rare dates".
My sister, who is now 67, still kicks herself in the ass for giving all her original Barbies, clothes & accessories to our next-door neighbor's daughter years ago.
(and she had a plethora of vintage Barbies & stuff)
Congrats on your gold & ice !!!

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There a say gold is where you find it. I scored two Mexican gold coins once that weren't recognized on the ends of a cheap bolo tie.

Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Predator Phoenix Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Getting back to my unorthodox treasure finding roots I bring you today a most unusual discovery.

As I was sifting through a hoard of Barbies, which I found in the local neighborhood trash, I noticed one was wearing something a bit more valuable looking than the others.
View attachment 2033367
View attachment 2033368
View attachment 2033369
Apparently some child must have felt that the hole in Barbie's hand, which normally would accommodate interchangeable plastic rings, would look better if filled with one of their parent's 18k gold diamond earrings.
View attachment 2033370
View attachment 2033371

As for the dolls I'll be donating them to the local thrift store, they're not dirty or anything if you were wondering, some kid probubly just got too old and their parents just threw them away. The gold wasn't the only valuable thing I found today, just thought you would like this story for now, as it's slightly more unusual than my typical discoveries.
pays to pay attention, wtg

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

View attachment 2033367
View attachment 2033368
View attachment 2033369
View attachment 2033370
View attachment 2033371

Sweet!!! Congrats!!!

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice well Done congratulations

Top Member Reactions