What's new

Barley Stubble Field_No.1 - Day 5...

CRUSADER

Emerald Member
Joined
May 25, 2007
Messages
41,314
Reaction score
48,596
Golden Thread
27
Location
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
27
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spent 5.5 hours continuing our gridding of the Roman Site.

Found:

21 Roman Coins, a couple of Album ones
Medieval Thimble
Medieval Coin Weight
1841 Sixpence (better quality than my collection example)
Lincoln Imp Brass Handle, see similar:
Vintage Brass Toasting Fork FOR Coal Fire With Horned Demon IMP Devil ON Handle | eBay
Shame we thought it was an early Pipe Tamper in the field, still a different find for us.

UPDATE:
One of the Roman Coins turned out to be a rare Mule (We will check with the BM if it's a known type)
 

Attachments

  • 1.webp
    1.webp
    111.7 KB · Views: 135
  • 2.webp
    2.webp
    84.2 KB · Views: 107
  • 3.webp
    3.webp
    48.3 KB · Views: 111
  • 4.webp
    4.webp
    95.1 KB · Views: 113
  • 5.webp
    5.webp
    30 KB · Views: 108
  • 6.webp
    6.webp
    47.2 KB · Views: 104
  • 1a.webp
    1a.webp
    163.6 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:
Upvote 30
Every post seems amazing :occasion14:
 
OUT IN THE STUBBLEFEILD THE CRURAIDER WILL GO JUST TO FIND BUTTONS AND ODD RELICS AND OTHER ITEMS TO SHOW. BUTTONS , BUCKLES AND COINS ARE A FEW NOT A BAD DAY OF DETECTING AND CONGRATS TO YOU.
 
I like the thimbles you find - they remind me of all the hard work that went into everything back then - The early Vic'spence is
a pleasing find !
 
I thought pipe tamper till I started reading, cool find still. 1841 silver here we're all :hello2: for you it's more of a :sleepy2:
 
Amazed as usual
 
darn cool diggings and happy huntinn
 
Congratulations on the interesting finds!
 
Fooled me too! Too bad, would have been a great one. Still very cool though.
 
I thought pipe tamper till I started reading, cool find still. 1841 silver here we're all :hello2: for you it's more of a :sleepy2:

Not quite right, the 1943 I got the other day may fall into that Category, but this one I was pleased to find & even happier that its better than the 1 I brought years ago for my collection.
 
Productive day again! Beside the silver, the coin weight is cool. Do you know what coin? Looks like a small one. Never seen a toasting fork before, is that comparable to a fire rake?
 
Productive day again! Beside the silver, the coin weight is cool. Do you know what coin? Looks like a small one. Never seen a toasting fork before, is that comparable to a fire rake?

As it has a galleon on the weight it must be for a Noble or Qter Noble.

A toasting fork is for placing bread over the fire, so not like a rake for the coals.
 
I looked at pic before reading - I thought tamper too
81k.webp
 
As usual, Great finds Cru'! If you get a chance please show your album grade Roman coins finds sometime.
I have a few myself. Of course, I had to buy mine. :laughing7:
Phil
 
As usual, Great finds Cru'! If you get a chance please show your album grade Roman coins finds sometime.
I have a few myself. Of course, I had to buy mine. :laughing7:
Phil

It will take awhile, I have 3 albums.
 
Spent 5.5 hours continuing our gridding of the Roman Site.

Found:

21 Roman Coins, a couple of Album ones (Not pictured yet)
Medieval Thimble
Medieval Coin Weight
1841 Sixpence (better quality than my collection example)
Lincoln Imp Brass Handle, see similar:
Vintage Brass Toasting Fork FOR Coal Fire With Horned Demon IMP Devil ON Handle | eBay
Shame we thought it was an early Pipe Tamper in the field, still a different find for us.


Like the toasting fork Cru, put some marmalade on mine :thumbsup:
 
Like the toasting fork Cru, put some marmalade on mine :thumbsup:

I will post the Roman coins to this post soon, we got a rare Mule. Also did well today with a scarce Irish Hammered.:thumbsup:
 
Roman Coins added to top.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom