What's new

Barley Stubble Field_No.1 - Day 6 - Finished - Moved Field - IRISH SILVER!!!

CRUSADER

Emerald Member
Joined
May 25, 2007
Messages
41,314
Reaction score
48,596
Golden Thread
27
Location
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
27
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We finished this field in 3 hours & 15 minutes. As you can see we done this large 10 acre site in 6 outings!

9 Roman Coins
Frag of Bronze Age Axe
Maybe a Bronze Roman Gaming Piece?
Buttons...
 

Attachments

  • 1.webp
    1.webp
    103.6 KB · Views: 158
  • 2.webp
    2.webp
    106.5 KB · Views: 154
  • 3.webp
    3.webp
    98.1 KB · Views: 158
Last edited:
Upvote 14
Nice job on the rare Irish Silver ! What is the Roman coin with the beast ? (Romulus and Remus ?)
 
That Irish silver is really great! Very cool design, and being so old and in that condition makes it even better!
 
Nice job on the rare Irish Silver ! What is the Roman coin with the beast ? (Romulus and Remus ?)

Yes, a Constantine I Commemorative issue with Rom & Rem.
 
So how many "Pounds Sterling" (240 pence right?) worth of old hammered silver do think you and your father have found thus far? Could probably buy quite a bit if you went back in time with your trove!

I guess we are getting close to 900.
 
Nice Irish Cru :thumbsup:, Bet the farmer will be happy with $200 coming his way.:laughing7:
 
Nice Irish Cru :thumbsup:, Bet the farmer will be happy with $200 coming his way.:laughing7:

He will get to know the value, however, not all farmers are interested in the money, otherwise we might go bust.
 
Wow, fantastic finds. Congratulations!
 
I didn't seen one before! Great looking coin! The "Gaming Piece" looks to be enameled once? Or is it the soil conditions because some of the coins have that reddish patina too?

Just realised, that when I said its my earliest example, I meant of any Irish Silver. My other examples are Henry III, I think...
 
Killer find Cru. That must have been an exciting one to dig. I know you don't use the word scarce lightly bud. Cheers !!!

Steve
 
That's one fine looking piece of silver, early, crisp, and complete! Well done.:occasion14:
 
Killer find Cru. That must have been an exciting one to dig. I know you don't use the word scarce lightly bud. Cheers !!!

Steve

Funny enough, no digging was required. I got a hit on the freshly roughed up oilseed rape stalk & it was laying on the top. I looked down & thought it must be a shotgun shell. Very surprised when I picked it up!
 
Funny enough, no digging was required. I got a hit on the freshly roughed up oilseed rape stalk & it was laying on the top. I looked down & thought it must be a shotgun shell. Very surprised when I picked it up!

That's wild! Farm fields are somewhat of a mystery to me as I've only done about a half-dozen of them. An 800 year old coin on the surface makes my mind short-circuit! In juxtaposition I'm used to 300 old undisturbed dirt. Seems to me the great thing about those fields is they keep producing every plowing.

Steve
 
Very impressive - congratulations on the Irish silver
 
That's wild! Farm fields are somewhat of a mystery to me as I've only done about a half-dozen of them. An 800 year old coin on the surface makes my mind short-circuit! In juxtaposition I'm used to 300 old undisturbed dirt. Seems to me the great thing about those fields is they keep producing every plowing.

Steve

Yeap, picked up many 'eyes only' Roman Coins off the top.:thumbsup:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom