What's new

Basement find

theviking

Bronze Member
Joined
Aug 29, 2009
Messages
1,404
Reaction score
921
Golden Thread
0
Location
Blue ridge mts, Virginia
Primary Interest:
Other
Found this point today digging through some old boxes in my basement. I originally found this behind the house I grew up in located in northeast Virginia about 30 years ago. Not sure on type, maybe a Caraway. Not sure about material either, any suggestions would be great. Thanks for looking.
 

Attachments

  • 008.webp
    008.webp
    32.8 KB · Views: 1,482
  • 010.webp
    010.webp
    34.1 KB · Views: 1,660
  • 011.webp
    011.webp
    20.4 KB · Views: 1,537
Upvote 0
Looks like a late woodland levanna.....very nice and crafty point!
 
Wish I could say for sure on type and material but it's hard to type those triangles. I think Caraway, Levana, and Madison are possibilities. Really nice material and form on that one, it's a beauty. Thanks for sharing an old find.
 
Thanks guys, appreciate the comments. I guess the material is typed as simply gray flint. Thanks again.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom