What's new

anonymous gift of points

dognose

Silver Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2009
Messages
4,586
Reaction score
13,269
Golden Thread
0
Location
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
my wife and I went for a bike ride today, just got back about 30 minutes ago. when I was putting the bikes into the barn I seen a box by the house ans white plastic tub.

I yelled to my wife "did you see the box by the house." to which she said no.

I did not think of it and grabbed the box which was full of canning jars. the plastic tub is a Greek yogurt tub which had a bunch of artifacts in side.

so far its a mystery who left them for me. the newspaper is from the Miami Harold 1953. it was added in the top of the jar.
1000026304.webp

1000026305.webp
 
Upvote 0
i am going to guess it is someone's farm field finds, a family collection over time from their fields. My mother had a cigar box of family finds. would be nice to know the where and when
 
solved!
took a few days.
an elderly couple who lives down the road a few houses, was cleaning out some areas of clutter. this was in that clutter.

I've known them for 30 plus years. they've seen some of my collection, but in all that time, they never once mentioned they had relics.
totally unexpected on my part.
nice though for sure.
 
Years ago when I was a kid my dad was talking with a co worker they got on the subject of arrowheads. Dad told him how I liked hunting for arrowheads and collecting them. The next day he brought these to dad in a cigar box. He said they were found by him & his brother in New York State. He wanted dad to give them to me since I collect points. I never met him but still have them in a frame.
2017.webp
 
solved!
took a few days.
an elderly couple who lives down the road a few houses, was cleaning out some areas of clutter. this was in that clutter.

I've known them for 30 plus years. they've seen some of my collection, but in all that time, they never once mentioned they had relics.
totally unexpected on my part.
nice though for sure.
if you can, get their back story!
 
That's too cool. Be sure and do something nice for them to show your thanks, but I bet you probably already have.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom