What's new

Battreys

johnny r

Greenie
Joined
Jan 7, 2013
Messages
10
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
Location
abbeville al
Detector(s) used
whites coinmaster GT
whites M 6
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a coinmaster pro cain i use rechargeble nimh or ni-cad batterys in it
thanks for any help
 
If they serve your purpose, use them. NIMH batteries have a tendency to self discharge so charge them just before you use them. Ni-Cad batteries only have 1.2 volts per cell so they don't last as long as conventional batteries. Li batteries hold there charge for a long time and hold more power than most, but they cost a lot. New batteries are coming out all the time. Frank

hand print-2_edited-5.webp
 
The answer is maybe. I'm not familiar with the coinmaster, but I assume it uses AA batteries. Like Frank said, they are 1.2 volts per cell while the alkaline are 1.5V/cell. So if you have 4 cells, with alkaline you get 6 volts but with Ni-Cads you only get 4.8 volts. Your detector might think that 4.8 is too low and give a low batt warning. Even if it likes 4.8, it won't run for as long until it hits low battery point.

I'll bet your using 8 cells to get 12V. With NiCad you get 9.6, maybe too low.

Now if you're handy with a soldering iron you could go to Lithium which would be ideal.

That's probably more than you wanted to know:icon_scratch:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom