Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I thought I would throw this out there.
It came from craigslist on common sense awareness of scams.

You can sidestep would-be scammers by following these common-sense rules:

* DEAL LOCALLY WITH FOLKS YOU CAN MEET IN PERSON - follow this one simple rule and you will avoid 99% of the scam attempts on craigslist.
* NEVER WIRE FUNDS VIA WESTERN UNION, MONEYGRAM or any other wire service - anyone who asks you to do so is a scammer.
* FAKE CASHIER CHECKS & MONEY ORDERS ARE COMMON, and BANKS WILL CASH THEM AND THEN HOLD YOU RESPONSIBLE when the fake is discovered weeks later.
* CRAIGSLIST IS NOT INVOLVED IN ANY TRANSACTION, and does not handle payments, guarantee transactions, provide escrow services, or offer "buyer protection" or "seller certification"
* NEVER GIVE OUT FINANCIAL INFORMATION (bank account number, social security number, eBay/PayPal info, etc.)
* AVOID DEALS INVOLVING SHIPPING OR ESCROW SERVICES and know that ONLY A SCAMMER WILL "GUARANTEE" YOUR TRANSACTION.

Be careful friends

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Re: Be careful of scams

Well said, case in point, one of my neighbor's got a letter delivered to his apt, for his daughter. Supposedly it was from a lawyer, who said she was a distant relative of a man who passed away, and who had alot of money. The "lawyer" said she was the only living relative, and he needed her tp open up a bank account and they would combine money in order to get the BIG money! I told him to turn it in, so maybe they can find who sent it, but doubt he will. So yes, be very, very careful!!!! Red

deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Don't forget about those isolated cases that pop-up here on T-net asking people to invest in some big treasure they have leads on and need your money to aid in the recovery.

You can usually tell who they are by how new they are or if they have a web site, the typical spelling, grammatical and punctuation errors that abound.

Never, never give money to these people...they usually go away once enough people expose them for what they are.

Al

ThTx

Dec 19, 2006
Combine
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus, Teknetics G2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
deepskyal said:
Don't forget about those isolated cases that pop-up here on T-net asking people to invest in some big treasure they have leads on and need your money to aid in the recovery.

You can usually tell who they are by how new they are or if they have a web site, the typical spelling, grammatical and punctuation errors that abound.

Never, never give money to these people...they usually go away once enough people expose them for what they are.

Al

And I was just going to ask folks to help finance a "Guaranteed" treasure hunt. ;D

Oh, well, maybe next year!

Actually very good advice. You may not like PayPal, but it is safer than cash.

ok2raise

Dec 30, 2008
here
Detector(s) used
DEALER OF Garrett, & Fisher
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh man and i was going to ask for donation to help me out until i can see better :icon_pirat: paypal is very save if you dont get your item within 45 days you can file a complaint case and get a full refund.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread