When I lived in PCB, Fl in the early 80's, the kids would come down to the beach and ignore the red flags and consume large amounts of alcohol and drugs and we had drownings every week. Sometimes 2-3 a week in bad conditions. I always respected the sea. Since I was working two jobs and working 7 days a week, I didn't have much time to hit the beach anyway.
I remember this crowd after a young guy consumed 6 beers and smoked some pot and drowned and when the ambulance got there the crowd was trying to turn it over. Hundreds of drunk and stoned kids and no regard for someone the emts were trying to save and had to call in the local police and sheriff's dept to restore safety for the first responders. We don't give enough credit to our first responders. They risk their lives every day for people they don't even know and not just for a paycheck. Then people act like this when they are trying to save a life.
Got so wound up thinking about this, I forgot my manners. Thanks for this link.