bearbqd
Bronze Member
- Joined
- Jun 20, 2007
- Messages
- 1,098
- Reaction score
- 631
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Shenandoah Valley
- Detector(s) used
- Minelab EXP II w/ Sunray X-1 probe, Garrett AT Pro/Propointer
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
I just got back from Alaska where the bear population is huge. I was kinda leary about going on long hikes at first with my nephew, but he's been out there camping in the country for two years now ( not straight, just often) and I felt he had a good grasp on the bear population in his area. We didn't have any spray or weapons on us aside from pocket knives and we just made sure that we talked often so as not to surprise any bears. I did hear his neighbors husky go ballistic one morning and chase a black bear away beside his house. We also came around a bend in the car after white water rafting and there was a black bear running ahead of us for about a hundred feet before it ducked in the bushes. The last one we saw was far up an opposite ridge that we had just hiked down from. He spotted it with my binoculars. Glad we didn't happen upon any directly.




My Mastery of English well you seem to have got the drift
as for the detecting snobbery...your so far of it you would need the Hubble telescope
Do you mean "you're so far from it", or "you're so far off it"?
. Living in an harmonious existance , where man and beast can coexist, taking into the mix human advancement is OK. But it is also our roll to protect and defend Gods creatures and habitats. I am not a "Tree Hugger" but I do love nature, I do shoot and I do protect wildlife and wont Kill for fun. When I do shoot, I eat what I kill. So, for the sake of harmony, and cos I know him, give SS a chance, he really is a good bloke if you don't annoy him.






