Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2016
Savannah, GA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus HF coils, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh, yeah. Just wait until you pop some gold, you will be addicted. You will start to consistently think about how heavy the targets are that you are digging and looking at the sand level. Pretty soon you will start to look at the tide cycles everyday and wind direction and check the beach webcam multiple times during the day to see if you notice any changes. I must say the Deus 2 looks very promising. The most important thing as far as performance on the beach is stability- both salt and EMI stability. EMI affects the nox's performance big time. Great video! Keep them coming, cuts down on the learning curve.

ColonelDan

Jan 19, 2014
Central Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Thanks Calabash. Rusty bottle caps have fooled more than one detector in my beach life...that's certain.
It sounds like you'll be able to learn the stuttering associated with a rusty cap while it blocks the newer caps as you've already shown. Since the ratio of newer caps to rusty ones favors the newer caps by a wide margin, if I dig a few rusty caps while being able to ignore the newer ones, I'll be a happy beach hunter! Thanks again.
:occasion14:

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread