beach hunter 300
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

herb n surf

Jun 12, 2011
Gulf Coast Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites' Pi Pro, Dual Field, and fisher labs' Cz21 , BH Land Star, BH 3300 ,Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
There is a lot of ocean out there and we are using a small coil to find what seems to be fewer targets to go around each year. As more people are getting into detecting as hobby it's a lot harder to find the good stuff like we did a short time back.. Have you tested your detector with planted targets? If it is finding those ,then the problem is finding an area with more coins and rings... Good luck and happy TH'ing..

Landlord Jim

Jul 20, 2012
Oakland County, Michigan
Detector(s) used
V3i,Vx3,DFX,MXT Pro,Prizm 5G, CM Pro,Beach Hunter 300 and Bounty Hunter 202.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've had mine 2 years. I do like it and the first year I found 5 rings. 3 gold 1 silver and 1 copper. I found all kinds of coins and lots of pull tabs. Make sure you do a ground balance and look in areas where people frequent. Go slow and only dig the green and yellow lights. (Hi tones and medium tone)

goen 4 gold

Apr 12, 2012
bellevue ohio
Detector(s) used
WHITES- dfx,dx1,d2 coil 4x6 shooter coil.....
beach hunter id 300, vibra probe pin pointer.....
GARRETT-ace 250

warren tweed pick,
GPAA pans
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like mine, just wish it had a meter like a dfx instead of lights,

WhitesofPCB

Tenderfoot
Nov 24, 2012
Panama City Beach, Florida
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro - BeachHunter 300 - Prizm 6T
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love mine - great unit - have you taken yours to the dealer for a field test - just a thought - you may have a coil issue

thebiggerdigger

Greenie
Jul 19, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Sanddigger I also use the Beach Hunter 300 and I have found over $25 worth of clad (mostly quarters) and a couple pieces of costume jewelry (what a tease that was). I have only gone out about 6 or 7 times a summer for around 30 to 60 minutes each time (usually only go out when the family goes to the beach). I have been watching a lot of videos on youtube about other detectors like the V3i and AT Pro but I am not sure why they both seem to jump alot between tones and VDI numbers. Maybe it was just the videos I was watching. With that being said I really like the Beach Hunter sounds when it locks in on a sure target. I do dig up some of the choppy signals on some days but that is only to solidify in my mind what is a bad signal compared to the good ones. Now I am happy with my machine but I didn't buy it new, I traded + cash someone for it but even if I paid full price I would be happy. What I did learn to do with my detector that helped alot was SLOW DOWN. I was sweeping way to fast and I wasn't overlapping my sweeps tight enough. Try going slower and overlapping more in a more condensed area and see if that helps. Let me know if it works.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread