What's new

What's your vote for deepest silver coin detector for my situation??

Pikeslumber

Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 26, 2019
Messages
33
Reaction score
41
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello. I'm looking for input on the deepest detector for silver coin hunting in my situation. I'm hunting in ground with low mineralization, very low trash, but it's been detected a good bit over the years. I don't need the detector for the beach or iron infested sites, simply trying to reach deeper than others and accurate target ID isn't a huge concern either, just depth and speed (recovery )would probably be a distant 2nd. I've heard the Fisher F75 is deep, DFX, Deus, E trac,..... What would you consider the deepest detector for silver coins you have ever run? Thanks in advance
 
Can't speak for the more modern machines, but the deepest hunting machine
I ever used was a Fisher CZ-1265...that, or the CZ-6a.
old.gif


If I was in your spot, I'd probably go with a Deus II.
 
Everyone asked about, and everyone swears their detector brand absolutely offers the best depth, bar none! The truth is much more complicated than meets the eye. Yes, some detectors have a bit more oscillator power, but that fact alone doesn't determine depth! Larger coils will indeed detect large object easier, but usually miss smaller ones. This specific attribute (coil size) is why detectors made for gold prospecting have rather small coils. Then the discussion about soil mineralization has to be a topic, as does soil (media actually because not all detecting is soil) conditions. Lay down a load of Ironite (a so-called fertilizer which it isn't) and all bets are off. There is more to this including the discrimination software higher end instruments offer, individual swinging techniques, and about 50 other scenarios. There is only one truism, and it is this. Generally, the more you pay the better the director will detect! This said, there's limit wherein more money won't buy you more happiness, unless you're a spendthrift!
 
Get one with a time machine button that goes back to 1965. Seriously, if it's been hunted forever, yes there might be some reason a silver got extremely deep, but there is a better chance of a coin being completely masked by larger iron item or a soda can, etc.

I'm not trying to be a wise arse, I'm trying to keep you from getting misled into thinking a super expensive machine is going to produce at least one silver every time you go out. Those days are long gone on public lands. I recall over 25 years ago at older rural schools, the only time I'd find school silver is if there were wooded areas right by the playground, kids snuck out there if the teacher wasn't looking.

You're better off asking permissions on private home lawns (and even then it's not lucrative.) Most people prefer not to door knock, including myself.
 
I would get an etrac, it runs FBS (Full Band Spectrum) technology, transmitting 28 frequencies simultaneously. Minelab still uses it today in he CTX 3030 and is well known as a silver slayer. When I first got into metal detecting, I used a Minelab Safari, (another fbs machine)and I routinely dug silver dimes at depths of up to 10 inches. I just bought a used E-TRAC specifically for situations like this, where I want to go back after deep silver that other machines may have missed. There heavy machines but you can't beat them!
 
I would get an etrac, it runs FBS (Full Band Spectrum) technology, transmitting 28 frequencies simultaneously. Minelab still uses it today in he CTX 3030 and is well known as a silver slayer. When I first got into metal detecting, I used a Minelab Safari, (another fbs machine)and I routinely dug silver dimes at depths of up to 10 inches. I just bought a used E-TRAC specifically for situations like this, where I want to go back after deep silver that other machines may have missed. There heavy machines but you can't beat them!
I actually found more silver with the SE.
But I think it was a lot to do with location also.

The Deus hits hard on silver, and dug 10" in thick field clay.

Boat anchor weight compared to today's machines.
Now they're all closet queens. :laughing7:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom