What's new

Beach Hunting in my future? Who woulda thunk it?

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Joined
Oct 23, 2006
Messages
5,249
Reaction score
1,102
Golden Thread
1
Location
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Even though I am less than an hour from some of the most famous beaches in the world, I have always prefered detecting dry land for pre CW sites. I usually got started in the Fall but took the hot summers off. That may have changed today.

Today I picked up a Minelab Excalibur 1000 at a price that I could not walk (or swim) away from.

I can't wait to get my feet wet!
 
Upvote 0
Did that in 2006, have not looked back to the dirt since..........wait till you get the gold, and more gold...its addicting..Congrads on the new machine...the best for the Jersey Shores..check out Surfdiggers video's..great tips for there, the Jersey shores...........Good Luck, hey your the guy that digs all the old stuff? Guess your a Pirate now....
 
Congrats on the Excal and becoming a beach hunter. Since it nulls on most iron you dig everything else. Now you need a good scoop and I recommend the Sunspot Stealth as the best. http://www.gold-scoop.com/thescoop.html
You can't go cheap on the scoop as it will last for many years and could pay for itself with one scoop of sand. :thumbsup:

Check out this site for beach hunting knowledge. http://www.nmhra.netfirms.com/pulltab/

Good Luck,
Sandman
 
Welcome! Welcome to the insanity!

So your talent for finding great treasure in the dirt will now be extended to the beach! And, man, do you have some great beaches to work! Instead of pouring over historical records, books, and photographs your life now becomes focused on tide charts and accuweather!!! And, the best part- No ticks or poison ivy!!!

Congrats on the pick up! If you need a scoop, Ronnie at Gold Digger Metal Detector Sales in Rariton NJ has the best selection locally. Advantage is not only his selection, but being only a little more than an hour from CH you can go to his place and chk out the scoops before you buy. He's on the web. www.golddiggermetaldetectors.com/
Something strong and relatively light, like a BB6 is recommended.

If you want to hook up for hunting PM me.

Towel season is right around the corner.
 
I don't think I need to tell you this but, please fill your holes
 
The Excal has a learning curve, but stick with it.

Have a blast! :icon_thumleft:
 
You'll find that water hunting is much cleaner than relic hunting ;D I switched 12 years ago and don't miss the dirt at all. The finds, although getting much scarcer, are usually worth more as well. Welcome to the world of water hunting
 
tjc45 said:
Welcome! Welcome to the insanity!

So your talent for finding great treasure in the dirt will now be extended to the beach! And, man, do you have some great beaches to work! Instead of pouring over historical records, books, and photographs your life now becomes focused on tide charts and accuweather!!! And, the best part- No ticks or poison ivy!!!

Congrats on the pick up! If you need a scoop, Ronnie at Gold Digger Metal Detector Sales in Rariton NJ has the best selection locally. Advantage is not only his selection, but being only a little more than an hour from CH you can go to his place and chk out the scoops before you buy. He's on the web. www.golddiggermetaldetectors.com/
Something strong and relatively light, like a BB6 is recommended.

If you want to hook up for hunting PM me.

Towel season is right around the corner.

Thanks! I know Ron. He is a great guy.

Does anyone have experience with the White's long handled scoop? I have a $100 gift certificate that I have not used.
 
U r gonna enjoy having another outlet in the hobby. It is divine to be able to hunt water areas one day and inland another. Hunting both completes the vortex of seasons. Cheers :-)
 
Good for you - I'm sure you will do well. I hunt water when I can(warm) and dirt when I can't(cold) - works for me. gl and hh
 
Way to go Neil, my Excal 1000 has worked very well for me in the water. Good luck.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom