Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2009
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Aquasound, Excal 2, Excal (NY), Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ken and I took a short cruise with wives to the Bahammas. There was a tropical storm when we arrived so we thought we should go to a protected beach. We signed up for a beach break at The Blue Lagoon where it is protected from winds. After waiting on the pier for the group, luckily we asked about detecting. We were told this is a private beach and detecting is strictly forbidden either by land or sea. Had we not asked we would not only not be allowed to hunt but also lost our money for the excursion. Be sure to ask if detecting is allowed in private beach excursions. Since we didn't leave the pier ,we got a refund.
The local beaches were too rough to detect except one on the eastern side which only locals went to. No gold, only a few coins.

Upvote 0

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Many of the beaches in the Bahamas have local restrictions, I will get with you sometime on some great beaches in the Bahamas.

crazyfish

Jul 20, 2010
Are the USVI protected as well? I wanted to try my luck in St. Croix or St. John sometime

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread