What's new

Beach scoop

johnnycat

Bronze Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2007
Messages
1,527
Reaction score
336
Golden Thread
0
Location
Shelbyville, IN.
Detector(s) used
Legend and Nokta
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very soon I will get my very first chance at beach detecting. I am asking about the type of scoop to purchase. I realize there are bunches out there, what are you using and how do you like it. Hunting the beach was a distant fantasy when we lived in New Mexico but, not now!!
 
Hey johnnycat,
There are a lot of choices for beach hunting! I will list the 3 that I own!
The one I've just purchased is from Sun Spot, the Stealth 720i Tube with a carbon fiber handle. I haven't received it yet but I'll let you know how it performs for me.
I chose the 720i because I needed something with a point for a little more focused digging (shell beach and hard layer under soft sand and in the shallow water). This scoop is 304 Stainless Steel. Check them out at stealthscoop.com
720it.webp

The next one is a Stavr scoop from the Ukraine (please see them at stavrscoop.com.) It's called EVROEXCAVATOR-2 v.22. It has a rounded shovel like appearance to move sand or shallow water hunting. This is a great all around beach scoop. Although ordering it isn't a big problem, it's the time you may have to wait to receive it. Ruslan ships right out but US customs may hold onto it for weeks. Also a Stainless Steel scoop.
sand-scoop-evroexcavator-2-v22.webp

The 3rd beach scoop I own is an RTG S.S. scoop. RTG LIGHTWEIGHT STAINLESS WATER SCOOP (#R790) Please see at them at RTG Scoops manufactured by Reillys Treasured Gold. This is the only one of my scoops that came with a S.S. Handle.
Also a great all around sand and shallow water scoop (wet sand will clog it but that is true with any scoop really) easy to handle!
721stainlesswaterbig.webp

The only scoop that comes with a lifetime warranty is the Stealth Scoop by Sun Spot but I'm not sure about the warranty on the others. All these companies are trustworthy from my experience and you shouldn't have any trouble with any of these choices.

As I mentioned, these are but three of the many types and choices out there. They're not the cheapest scoops out there and there are other options.
I hope this somehow helps!
Best of Luck!
 
The 3rd beach scoop I own is an RTG S.S. scoop. RTG LIGHTWEIGHT STAINLESS WATER SCOOP (#R790)

RTG Model #R790 is da bomb. The thing is built like a tank. At $109 it is the best investment I have made, next to my Sand Shark.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom