What's new

beach water shoes

Sandscoopdan

Sr. Member
Joined
May 19, 2012
Messages
361
Reaction score
155
Golden Thread
0
Location
Cypress,Tx
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Extreme scoop
Boat: 20ft Four Winns w/92 V8 5.0L Cobra Mustang engine
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Could u guys that detect at the beach tell me What kind of water shoes will work good for detecting in the water? I want to find something that won't fall off in the waves and current. I am tired of my velcro sandals.
 
Upvote 0
I use Mares 5MM trilastic hard sole dive boots -- work good for me.
 
Welcome and i wish you luck.
 
I've been working the beaches for over 20 years. I have many types of water shoes, however, I mostly use my crocs. Lots of times I work the sand and the water at the same time and the crocs work well in both circumstances. Although there is a stap I rarely use it. If I pick up a stone or piece of shell it is easier to just remove the shoe and replace it without the strap. Hope this helps you.
 
I have recently switched from flip flops to an old pair of running shoes. I didnt see a need to spend money on a pair of water shoes when i had a pair of sneakers laying around.
 
Ok. Thank u! Yea...time to get rid of the flip flops. I just found out a friend of mine has a nice extra scuba gear set he is going to give me. I'll check n see if he has the scuba shoes too. Got to take scuba class. Have any u guys tried the water shoes at Academy for $10 ?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom