paleomaxx

Aug 14, 2016
Upstate, NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus XP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They just plowed the field where I found the native american points so I figured I'd walk through and see if I could find some more. Unfortunately the dust hasn't been washed off yet so I switched to the metal detector and I'm very glad I did!

DSC09947.JPGDSC09948.JPGDSC09949.JPG

The plow must have pulled this up because it was only two inches from the surface and I've covered this spot before. I have no idea what it's from, but it's definitely silver. The back only has the "65656" mark, but the front has incredibly detailed etchings. I'm hoping the experts out there can help me identify it!

It was a short hunt, but there were a few other odd finds and a pretty button that's a new style for me.

DSC09946.JPGDSC09952.JPGDSC09954.JPG

There was also this strange tag. At first I thought it was a dog license, but it looks like it corresponds to John. L. Hayes Construction Co. and I found a bunch of NY state bid documents from the 1920's that mentions them as a bidder. Not sure what this tag would have been used for though or how it ended up in the capital region. :dontknow:

DSC09950.JPGDSC09951.JPG

All-in-all a great hunt!

Upvote 12
Not a clue as to what she is but she sure is purdy. I'm sure someone will chime in on it. Congrats to you Mister.

Great find. I am no help but it was definitely meant to be seen. I hope someone can chime in. Congrats!

The Yonkers tag looks like a tool chip , used when checking tools out of the tool crib at a construction site.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

I've never found any buttons before but that's a cool one I would I definitely hold on to for the collection. That odd looking silver round you also found there is a real piece of treasure, I would be so excited if I found something like that.

I have 3 old pocket watches and one has a similar design and the diameter is a lot smaller than the other two.

very nice, congrats on the siver

Packet watch back, but it is a little odd.

Reminds me of the back of a pocket watch

I was thinking that too; the motif is very similar to Victorian pocket watch backs and maybe the 65656 just happens to be a palindromic serial number. It's perfectly flat though with not a trace of a hinge or mounting point.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back