What's new

BEAUTIFUL 1828 Largie!

coltdavis

Bronze Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2008
Messages
1,063
Reaction score
420
Golden Thread
0
Location
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My girlfriend and I finally stopped at a house in our town we have been wanting to dig for a while now and were granted permission. (Built in 1861)Well as soon as we turned on the ace 350 it starts going crazy not sure if it's power line interference or mineralization but it was almost impossible to locate a signal and once we did even worse to pinpoint so the only real keeper we scored tonight was this absolutely beautiful 1828 large cent!!!

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1442535944.480865.webp
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1442535976.348744.webp

I'm not complaining! The back has not been toothpicked or anything it came out of the ground that way a little toothpicking on the front and the date and full lib shows up! We plan on purchasing the at pro this evening and will be returning to this site hopefully the at pros different frequency settings will allow for a little more target locating! Hope everyone is well happy hunting and best of luck!
 
Upvote 52
She's a beauty.
 
good job, Can't wait to see what else you pull out of that place.
 
That's a beauty for sure! The at pro should help with the interference, I was in a yard once that had an invisible dog fence. When I turned on the at pro it went crazy, but changed the frequency and it was perfect. Congrats again and good luck!
 
That's a nice one. Congratulations
 
Great keeper! Love how bold liberty and the date are.
 
That's a beauty for sure! The at pro should help with the interference, I was in a yard once that had an invisible dog fence. When I turned on the at pro it went crazy, but changed the frequency and it was perfect. Congrats again and good luck!

Thanks! We have had this happen with the ace a couple other times and it was such a let down when we turned on the machine because the woman living in this house has been there since 1963 and nobody has detected this property to her knowledge. The at pro can't get here soon enough! Come on seated silver!!!!!!! :D lol
 
NICE COIN COLT !
 
That's a nice one. Congratulations

Thanks it's only our second largie the first being a classic head which we believe is an 1810 but it's beyond toasted! This hobby is beyond fun when you're able to pull something like this.
 
I have found several big coppers, but none have the detail of that one. Congrats to you.
 
Crisp looking copper, congrats on the find.
 
one awesome LARGE LADY. be aware of RF sites like TV, radio, VHF & UHF plus microwave repeaters, also hospital mri etc. the ATPro went flaky near a PD/FD tower so changing freq. was a constant pain when the tower changed channels. my ACE 250 went nuts next to a hospital and cutting sens. would get me by while the machines were in use.
 
Congrats on that Large Copper. :occasion14: Bet you're glad you worked through the complications. Thats a great find any day of the week. :thumbsup:
 
Golly that's a sweet beauty right there. I wish all of my exes looked as good as her. Congrats dude

Steve
 
Wow, that's a beautiful coin, congrats!
 
The AT PRO will probably fair a little better.
High tension overhead electrical lines as well as radio towers and transformers can make it bug out.
Changing frequencies will help but a little trick I used was to drop the Sensitivity .
I still got some static but was able to hear the coin signals. That coin is BEAUTIFUL!!
 
Thanks everyone! I can not wait to see what else this site holds!
 
Try interference clip you can get on eBay for like $15 the really helped my teknetics
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom