What's new

Beautiful Cibil War US Boxplate hooks makers Mark and all.

Gregg3131

Hero Member
Joined
May 24, 2015
Messages
706
Reaction score
3,750
Golden Thread
4
Location
Va
🥇 Banner finds
4
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 Limited Edition
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful Civil War US Boxplate hooks makers Mark and all.

Yesterday I found a gorgeous Eagle breast plate and today 15 feet away only 2 inches down dug this boxplate with makers mark Boyd and Sons Boston. Also dug a bunch of bullets and musketballs. Has been an amazing few days to say the least.
 

Attachments

  • 20160916_183435-1.webp
    20160916_183435-1.webp
    174.8 KB · Views: 222
  • 20160916_182919-1.webp
    20160916_182919-1.webp
    304 KB · Views: 250
  • 20160916_182937-1.webp
    20160916_182937-1.webp
    425.9 KB · Views: 212
  • 20160916_182905-1.webp
    20160916_182905-1.webp
    423.2 KB · Views: 209
Last edited:
Upvote 70
A couple of beautiful finds...you should be proud.

Regards + HH

Bill
 
That's incredible. I would have both, professional restored.
Congratulations
 
Is that an unusual Boyd & Sons stamp?
 
a Huge congrats...but I am thinkin that there's a big possibility that there's a belt plate in that same vicinity. Now to go find it:thumbsup:
 
Your on a roll!! Congrats and enjoy the ride [emoji106] will wait to see what turns up next.

HH RN
 
Two phenomenal finds and only 15 feet apart. Amazing. Great job and congrats!
 
AH BE A SON OF , A NICE PLATE ...
 
Beautiful, CONGRATS!
 
That's the plan my friend!!
 
They were one of the federal manufacturers but most I have seen never have the mark on the back usually worn off.
 
Nice recoveries!
 
Those are two very nice Civil War relics. Congrats on both.
 
Thanks
 
You're going to have a good looking collection. Those are beautiful finds!
 
Yesterday I found a gorgeous Eagle breast plate and today 15 feet away only 2 inches down dug this boxplate with makers mark Boyd and Sons Boston. Also dug a bunch of bullets and musketballs. Has been an amazing few days to say the least.

WOW!
"Your On Top of The World " IMO
Super nice Plates , I envy you. & Glad for you at the same time.
 
[emoji173]️ Awesome
 
WOW!
"Your On Top of The World " IMO
Super nice Plates , I envy you. & Glad for you at the same time.

Agreed! And that stamp on the plate . . . Wow. You just can't reasonably hope for better than that!
 
Definitely love that it has the stamp. I don't see to many with a legible mark.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom