What's new

"Beck & Thomas" - spoon handle - any idea of age?

testing123

Bronze Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2009
Messages
2,366
Reaction score
1,986
Golden Thread
0
Location
United States
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, TDI SL
"Beck & Thomas" - spoon handle - any idea of age?

Found this at a building that dates to about 1830. The piece is 2 inches long and a 1/2 inch at the widest point. I tried polishing it, but this is the best it got. I think it may be pewter. In the first section it reads "BECK" and in the second section is "& THO MAS". It may be possible there's more to "BECK" but the piece is broken right after it. Just assuming it's a "spoon" handle too - could be anything I suppose.

Any idea on age? Thanks in advance!
 

Attachments

  • Beck & Thomas handle May 6, 2010.webp
    Beck & Thomas handle May 6, 2010.webp
    23.4 KB · Views: 246
  • Beck & Thomas handle May 6, 2010 (1).webp
    Beck & Thomas handle May 6, 2010 (1).webp
    27.4 KB · Views: 244
  • Beck & Thomas handle May 6, 2010 (2).webp
    Beck & Thomas handle May 6, 2010 (2).webp
    33.9 KB · Views: 247
Re: "Beck & Thomas" - spoon handle - any idea of age?

Yes, it looks pewter to me too. Sorry, but I couldn't find any info on Beck/Thomas flatware; however, there is a Thomas Flatware Co., but they make modern stainless, so it's not them. Breezie
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom