JrallXS
Greenie
- Joined
- Sep 19, 2013
- Messages
- 15
- Reaction score
- 0
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Anderson, CA
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
I went to clear Creek today and started digging around the outside bend where there is outcroppings of bedrock that looked like 45 degree angle. I picked out a couple spots to dig at head of the bedrock, I really
cant tell, out of luck of a bucket of classified material put it into a sluice box i got about a few little pieces of gold at the end. There were so many areas where there was bedrock that was worked through a little bit and the holes there were pretty deep. I know you have to do the work to get the gold but its mostly myself, a shovel, bucket, and a couple classifiers. and not really good places to set up a sluice.
back to subject... i know its common sense but can gold get trapped behind exposed bedrock on land away from the creek?
I should sample more rather than pick a spot and work the bejeebies out of it?
the back slash represents the bedrock angle and or riffle.
Tail \ head
cant tell, out of luck of a bucket of classified material put it into a sluice box i got about a few little pieces of gold at the end. There were so many areas where there was bedrock that was worked through a little bit and the holes there were pretty deep. I know you have to do the work to get the gold but its mostly myself, a shovel, bucket, and a couple classifiers. and not really good places to set up a sluice.
back to subject... i know its common sense but can gold get trapped behind exposed bedrock on land away from the creek?
I should sample more rather than pick a spot and work the bejeebies out of it?
the back slash represents the bedrock angle and or riffle.
Tail \ head
Upvote
0
Ok just exaggerating a little but it does take some major water to move the larger gold and it will drop out first and the smaller stuff staying in the flow later. I would find the high water mark and work your way down to the water level, going deep into the cracks. I've personally found that the highest gold concentration to be at the very front and very rear of the bend while dredging with the middle be ok. This is the creek that I'm dredging and your mileage may vary.






