txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
there is a lot of history surrounding the county and legends as well. Most of it falls now on private ranches. I grew up in the area and still spend a great deal of time in Beeville. I would suggest going to the library there and asking to see the old maps. I haven't gotten around to the bee county area yet because the San Patrico county and Live Oak county has commanded my attention and I have been busy searching there. I would start by searching some of the smaller ghost towns around Beeville.

Here is a little info

Bee County is in the Rio Grande plain of south central Texas, fifty miles northwest of Corpus Christi and 146 miles southeast of Austin. It is bordered on the north by Karnes and Goliad counties, on the east by Refugio County, on the south by San Patricio County, and on the west by Live Oak County. Beeville is the county's largest town and seat of government.

Bee County was established shortly after the settlement of the Cart War, which originated ten miles east of the site of Beeville. The county, named for Barnard E. Bee, Sr., was formed from San Patricio, Goliad, Refugio, Live Oak, and Karnes counties on December 8, 1857, and officially organized on January 25, 1858, when the first officers were elected. Beeville, the first county seat, was on Medio Creek, near Medio Hill, where the first post office had been established in 1857. In 1860 Maryville became county seat; this community was later designated Beeville-on-the-Poesta to distinguish it from the former county seat.

http://www.depots.txrrhistory.com/ABC/Beeville/Beeville.htm

http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/BB/heb4.html

This should give you a bit of start
Good Luck

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
waltripcrew said:
wasn't there a Navy Air Training Base there yrs ago? Might be a good spot to hunt. ( ball fields and the parks)

its now a state prison so doubt that would be possible

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread