What's new

been awhile, recent Fraser river finds Dec/2014

Chris in BC

Full Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2003
Messages
155
Reaction score
46
Golden Thread
0
Location
Langley
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705
Keene 5" dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know we all have good days and not as good days in the field, this day was particularly good for me, some of my favorites I got all the same day - first off, I found my first trade bead, a blue cobalt glass bead, 3 little thumb scrapers below it in pic, the largest knife and possibly oldest crude blade I have seen, no ruler can be found but it measures over 5". Between the large knife and bead there is a stealite or basalt pipe fragment, it was found on the surface, I did not break it. various points and/or knives, and decorative white jade pendants, beat up.


Happy new year all and best of luck in 2014
 
Upvote 0
forgot to mention my favorite piece in a long time, the light colored jade seal, it is carved with fins and a tail etc, I think its a seal
 
Looks like you had a bang up day. Thanks for sharing. Your not snow and ice covered?
 
very nice chris,i have not yet found any carved art thing,what id really like to find.can i see a closeup of your seal.thanks for sharing and giving me hope.
 
The bead alone would have made my day, but dang man you tore it up, bumper finds, what a great day:notworthy:
 
thanks all, Jamey, a few close ups of the little seal (or whatever it is)


 
haha, just noticed how dirty my hands are, I was out metal detecting and have yet to wash
 
Great finds, all of them. You surely had an excellent day, congratulations. Kat
 
While all of your finds are nice, I really like the seal. Thanks for sharing.
 
AWESOME DAY!!!
 
Very cool finds. Maybe a walrus with the wrinkles on his face? Hope you find more.
 
thank you,that is a wonderfull piece,and thank you for letting me see it up close.thanks again for sharing your finds,
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom