Been doing great!

lrgoodger

May 2, 2023
Cassopolis, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000-D, Garrett GTA-1000, Minelab Sovereign, XP Deus I, Equinox 800, XP Deus II
I got two new permissions, old house yards that both been hunted before. I have been trying to get into one of them for 40 years and they never would let anyone in (hunted by owner or owner's friend). He said no again at first, but when I said, "Now, you don't want to be un-neighborly, do you? I live just down the road in that house overlooking the creek." When he realized where I meant, he said, "Do you know Nichole?" "Yes," I responded. "She is my daughter." Turns out they went to school together. That changed everything. I knew having a hot daughter was going to pay off one of these days!

Anyway, I got three Indians out of there today and an 1832 Nova Scotia Half Penny Token. It is really worn and corroded, but I can make out the date with a lot of scrutiny with a jeweller's loop. Turns out there are a lot of variations of it with very minor detail differences. With a LOT of scrutiny, I was able to ID it as variety NS-3D2. Here is a photo of a non-dug piece.

ns-03d2_br-871_pcgs-81490995.jpg

The top two IHPs below were dug yesterday at the other permission. I'm not done with either of them yet! You can see the 2 in the token date plain as day dead center at the bottom of the token. It's funny because that digit was the hardest to see with the loop. The 1902 IHP is a pretty nice one with full diamonds. I now have three of those with full diamonds. These five bring me up to 30 FTY already!
20240401_223825.jpg

Upvote 18

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW !!! AMAZING FINDS Thanks for sharing with us :)

E-Trac-Ohio

Gold Member
Feb 9, 2020
Eastern Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the GREAT finds !

I found the exact same Nova Scotia Thistle Token on a hunt in Maine 10 or 12 years ago.
Yours is in better condition than mine.

Good Hunting !

mindcrime1988

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2011
Southeast Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus II, DetectorPro Headhunter, BlissTool & Pulsedive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hot daughter!?!? Using her looks to get your permissions are ya? :laughing7: Nothing wrong with doing a little networking I suppose. :tongue3:

Nice Indian head cents.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions