What's new

Been searching the internet for a good Shovel

duggr

Sr. Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
May 4, 2006
Messages
317
Reaction score
167
Golden Thread
0
Location
Fort Madison Iowa
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
for the Farm fields I'm going to detect this summer and hears what I just ordered..
If this doesn't work or stand the test of time then I don't know what will...

Model 300D
 
Now that's a shovel that means business! Good Luck using it.
I have a lesche Sampson and a short and lightweight one (I think a Black and Decker) and a lesch digger
 
Looks like a Lesche but with a higher price. I don't think you break it!
 
Looks good, other than the fact that they need a lesson in welding!
 
You are looking in the wrong place. Try looking in a garden supply, or a farm supply store for a D handled all steel shovel. Hay, mine is 15 years old and looks better than when new. I coated it with that yellow plastic dip thinned out so I could paint it . It got 3 coats. I used yellow so it didn't get lost or walk away. lol Frank...
hand print-2_edited-5.webp
 
Looks good, other than the fact that they need a lesson in welding!

JoHunt
I think predator must have heard you! :icon_thumleft:





This Photo Shows the even penetration of the weld on the bottom side of the shovel..
 
I just made this. I am naming it THE RAPTOR

digger.webp
 
You are looking in the wrong place. Try looking in a garden supply, or a farm supply store for a D handled all steel shovel. Hay, mine is 15 years old and looks better than when new. I coated it with that yellow plastic dip thinned out so I could paint it . It got 3 coats. I used yellow so it didn't get lost or walk away. lol Frank...
View attachment 947229
I wish I new that before I ordered the 300D! Oh well it's only money, I'm happy and
it will out last me!
 
Last edited:
Frankn is, as always, correct. The same high dollar shovels sold at KellyCo are readily available at your local HD or Lowes. They might not have the Leshe name, but work as well.
GL,HH. Peace
 
There are a lot of handy shovels out there used by trappers that are small and super durable, trappers are rough on tools. I have an all steel with a "D" handle like Frankn mentioned. You can go to any trap supply web site and look them over....just a thought.....
 
find someone who does a bit of welding and tell him how you want it...thats the best way...
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom