pa-dirt_nc-sand
Silver Member
- Joined
- Apr 18, 2016
- Messages
- 4,271
- Reaction score
- 15,142
- Golden Thread
- 2
- Location
- South Western PA
- 🥇 Banner finds
- 2
- Detector(s) used
- ACE 250 with DD coil
Equinox 600
- Primary Interest:
- Metal Detecting



Ind Brew Co. D. A. T. 5¢ Amer. B. (brewing) (millvale, Pa. ) ( (r - 6)
This at least gives you a region...not sure how they arrived at that conclusion.
I saw a few similar ones with different stamps in the middle, not sure what that means exactly.
The West Virginian. (Fairmont, W. Va.), 04 Oct. 1917.
View attachment 1564227
View attachment 1564228
https://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/...+co.&andtext=&dateFilterType=yearRange&page=1
View attachment 1564226
Independent Brewing Co. of Pittsburgh
http://tokencatalog.com/token_recor...634&inventory_id=379722&attribution_id=393135
I'm more inclined to Believe First Nat'l & Amer.B. are bank names

the initials may have been the beer & token supplier
I wouldn't be surprised if they were placed in Slot Machines.
Quarter Size ?
Yes, quarter size, but thinner range up like a nickel. Slot machines in bars in PA... I actually knew a guy who operated/managed these. He left a great Fortune 500 company to be the "Collector" and go from bar to bar. He could not pass up the money, wonder what ever happened to him.
the Initials may have been the slot machine Supplier, Or distributor
Responsible for payback to the bar.