Japan
Detector(s) used
CZ-3D, CZ-20,CZ-21, F-75 LTD, AT Pro, F-44
Fisher Impulse 8 and 10,
GTA 750 CTX (new)
ADS Master Hunter 7 (Retired)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hit one of the beaches here this morning at sunrise and did OK. No Gold, but a couple of silver things.
Thought I would show how everything came out after a cleaning.

Its kind of strange how some silver can look so bad when you find it,but really can clean up nice.
I think that is a 1965 Schilling.....Is that British? I see the queen on the other side.

I got another Roman number ring, Is this a popular ring or something?. They seem to keep popping up and I saw someone on you tube come up with one the other day.

Another strange thing is I got four 500 yens and just two 100 yens. Your lucky to get maybe one or two per ten 100 yens., but I'm not complaining, that $5 per coin.

Thanks for looking and good luck"

Checked the pendent on a other detector and it rings in for nickle :tongue3:...oh well, still cleaned up very nice"

IMG_0197 (3).jpgIMG_0194.jpgIMG_0212.jpgIMG_0215.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0215.JPG
    IMG_0215.JPG
    545.1 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:
Upvote 7
Nice finds Dave, our beaches are so sanded in here on the Treasurecoast that targets are far and few between, congrats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know if the Roman numeral ring is newly popular, but I saw one on another website that was identified as "Tiffany & Co.".

Same here Slider.......Some beaches are OK...light sand to hard bottom, but some are deep and built up, but have some real nice goodies I'm sure, but too deep, Hoping for a strong Typhoon before the end of summer.:icon_thumright:

Dave,

Good going on the British shilling pendant....if the coin is silver as it appears to be it was no doubt issued as a collector item and not for general circulation as silver coins weren't produced in Britain that recently.

Regards + HH

Bill

don't know why the roman numeral rings are popular. I know that some are available as personalized used the numerals to form a significant date such as a wedding date, etc.

I think your right Bill, I checked it with a other detector and it rang up around nickle:tongue3:....sure looks nice after cleaning...that tumbler and Shine Brite does amazing things -
Thanks

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back