What's new

before work hunt

Pipster

Full Member
Joined
Mar 8, 2007
Messages
177
Reaction score
26
Golden Thread
0
Location
Quinlan TX
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The composition is getting rough around here people have started marking halfs, pennies, and dimes you name it this is the latest mark fest. i really don't see the point in marking em if you were the only one hunting i could somewhat see it but if you pulled your own markings would you not search the box? i pulled five wheats out of that box
pennies- 28d,44d,53,53s,56d,
dimes-53s,63d,64d
 

Attachments

  • 4-04.webp
    4-04.webp
    21.6 KB · Views: 259
Upvote 0
i hate marked coins but i look at it this way, for every minute somone spends marking coins that is one less minute they spend hunting....more time for me ;D
 
Any cent box where I get more Wheats than Canada cents is a success for me. But I live in a border state so I'm sure we are saturated a bit more with them.
 
Wait a second.....you mean its possible to get more wheats than canadians.....i cant believe that one.
 
Pipster said:
i really don't see the point in marking em if you were the only one hunting i could somewhat see it but if you pulled your own markings would you not search the box?


Although I am totally against marking coins, I could see how a person might want to mark a couple here and there (maybe just use ones that are already in crap shape), just to see if they get them back.

But around here some mark EVERY coin, and ruin any possible numismatic value. I have seen perfect condition proof halves marked, and some perfect condition BU halves too that I would have liked to keep. You can get the mark off, but it does affect the surface of the coin and luster.

I have had a few boxes that had 99% marked coins, some coins with multiple marks by different people.

I have also found a couple of keepers that had been marked. One was a 40%er (don't know how that happened) and another was a 64 Kennedy that had a hole where the 6 should be. Since I search the rims I saw the edge and knew it was a keeper. The CRHer who marked it must have searched dates and could not figure out it was a 64 since the 6 was gone??

Jim
 
bgretz1989 said:
Wait a second.....you mean its possible to get more wheats than canadians.....i cant believe that one.
i have actually been doing pretty good on wheats four to five a box sometimes the Canadians will out number them but part of the game i guess. anyone know how to pawn them back off i wonder how they can get into boxes when they get spit out when i dump coins through the machine.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom