Behind my house in Tewksbury Ma.

myelo1023

Jul 14, 2008
The Woodlands, Texas
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Garrett pinpointer
SomeGuy said:
Probably wrong, but I keep thinking of an old sewage treatment plant. Long straight line could be buried pipeline, and there used to be a creek to discharge into.

A 1980 map indicates this area as a "pumping Station" not sure if that helps at all

Attachments

• pumping station.jpg
    pumping station.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 1,629

JT

Mar 14, 2005
Johns Island, South Carolina
Montana Jim said:
The below image showing a small part of a 1934 town blueprint is from this site, the other is from Google Earth. The red dots are the circles in the squares... There seems to be nothing there in 1934!

http://www.tewksburyhistoricalsociety.org/Archives/maps/index.html

However there was a chemical station West of town in 1909 that may hev stored chemicals further town the track... (Sorry, just can't let it go).

I agree with a pump station of some sort.

If you look just below your red rectangle you have laid out, there's another rail track that crosses Old Boston Road, which looks on the map like it may be an older track. Are there any traces of that still there?

mnthope

Jan 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This site in Tewksbury is behind where I grew up in the 70's. I found this spot when I was a kid; it was much different then, with the beaver dam converting it from forest to marsh. There was only one wet area where we would skate. The forest was so thick and high I don’t think it was visible from above. The site had what appeared to be piers for docks in the center sections.
There were many cars/ motorcycles driven in the woods back then I remember at least 4 or 5 left for dead. The pump stations noted on the maps were the two small circles across from the gravel pit. One is still there. I walked back there recently and found the remnants of a fort I built as a kid.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Your doing the research work, and if you keep at it, it WILL pay off for you
many times over. Coin and relic hunters that are more successful are so because of
the homework they do before ever leaving home. :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
Sandmaniac

Sandmaniac

Jan 23, 2007
Rehoboth Ma.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone,

I remember the old spot, man that was so much fun. My parents still live 100 yds away from where I found the Model T parts. It ended up to be an old dump pit, I dug it for two summers. Brought up all kinds of old medicines and sodas and even the skeleton of an old gun, still have it. As far as the foundation I believe someone said it was an old pump house, which is probably correct, I never found anything there. If anyone who still lives in the area wants to go check out my sight feel free, I will guide you there. I left all kinds of old jars and stuff in a pile that I never took. I'm convinced I didn't fully excavate the sight as I hit a bed of sand and stopped, the bottles were few and far between by then. I sold a few over the years but still have the rest.

Mike

Last edited:

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You can see every Nike missile site on this map. Find your area and if there was a site there click the link for it on the left of the map and you can see a report on it's current condition and some history.

If it's not on the map it's probably something else but at least you've eliminated the nike possibility.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread