Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yesterday while out detecting I decided to cross an old bridge at the rear of the farm I was searching, it was a bit rickety but looked quite solid. I crossed the bridge successfully but on putting my right foot down on what I thought was a solid piece of wood found myself on the ground in a heap, the wood was rotten and my right ankle twisted as all my weight went on to it. I have suffered a badly sprained ankle but the injuries could have been a lot worse if wasn't for the strong pair of boots I was wearing, this of course cut short my detecting for the day and possibly a couple of weeks, so just a word of warning when you are out there make sure you wear the appropriate foot wear and clothing especially this time of year and carry a mobile phone(I allways do) especially if you go alone, I was Lucky I managed to hobble back to the Jeep and my injuries were only minor, Be carefull and have a safe Hunt. TK.

Doesn't it always happen like that? You come to an area that contains danger. You approach cautiously and proceed slowly. Right at the MOMENT you feel like you are "in the clear" you accelerate back to "normal" lack-of-caution behavior and WHAM!!!.......

Heal quickly.

I only got hurt once while detecting. I broke my hand after punching the ground....I blame the soda can for this one. The damn thing read "Dollar!" >:(

Sorry to hear that. But you still ain't getting me anyway near one of those damn mobiles, rather be found in the ditch :P

I always look on the positives & in this situation I would be pis*ed for sure but would be glad it wasn't harvest time yet :)

Take it easy.

Did you find anything before your injury?

sorry about the ankle. hope it gets better soon.

Get well soon!! This brings up a good point.. How many besides me carry a small first aid kit with them? Even a small roll of gauze to wrap a ankle might of helped some...Always bandaids, small roll of gauze, antibiotic cream, alcohol wipes, and finger cots(CONDOMS ;)!) are continuely replentished.. Asprin and non, antacids,allergy and assorted over the counter drug packets.. I also carry super glue in case of a serious cut till I can reach help.. Also a whistle!! It will carry alot farther than your voice.. Small enough to throw in any pocket..

dugfinds said:
Sorry to hear that. But you still ain't getting me anyway near one of those damn mobiles, rather be found in the ditch :P

I always look on the positives & in this situation I would be pis*ed for sure but would be glad it wasn't harvest time yet :)

Take it easy.

Did you find anything before your injury?
Not a thing Dug....talk about ading insult to injury :-\

A first aid kit is a good item to have in your auto whether MDing or not. If you are as accident prone as I am you need to carry a doctor along to detect with you! :D Monty

We don't carry first aid kits for such things here in California. We DO carry the yellow pages for lawyers so we can sue the pants off the guy that graciously let us detect his property. ;D

Don't forget to rotate ice for the first 24 hours and then heat for 24 hours, and be sure to elevate your anckle so that it will also help the swelling ;D

Dorry to hear about your fall, get well soooooon!!!!!

Hope you are feeling better, Kicker. :-\

We were talking about the dangers of being out in the woods just the other day. There are wells here everywhere and we keep that in mind when we go hunting in the woods. I think we need to add a rope to the list of stuff to have too! :D

I would just like to thank you guy's for the support after my fall, the foots healing quite nice now and I might get out detecting this weekend. Just make sure if you are out this week be carefull. :D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back