Detector(s) used
bandido 2 umax

stasys

Jun 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
minelab explorer xs
Dan B said:
Another doomsayer.

I disagree with your comments on pretty much everything. I have a Tejon and a Cortes. The Tejon is much deeper. I can't comment on the Cibola.

If you want to start talking about detector pricing, why should anyone pay $1000 and more for a detector, when you can get a powerful laptop for 1/2 the price? Detectors are some of the simplest electronic instruments you can own. Laptops are not. Ever open up a digital camera and see what's inside? There's no way that should only be worth $150 if detectors are worth $1000+.

You may see clouds over Tesoro, but that's only because you don't have a clue as to what they are doing with R&D. You are making an assumption that just because you don't see a new machine, they must be struggling. You don't know that, nor does anyone outside those walls.

As for you developing better detectors in 6 months, that's just comical. Of course, if you are an electrical engineer with experience in this field, then I apologize.

No offense, but if you dislike Tesoro so much, why not stick to your Minelab instead of trashing a great company?
firstly I agree with you about prices, and yes laptops cost the same like some expensive detectors and with some programme can easily work better like all detectors in the marked.
about that i can do better detector -I can, only ergonomics can be much more better and it would be big improvement! dont know what they do in tesoro? but they are struggling to convince me that they doing a lot, if you look what small company did in France XP in short time you will see some different most of the users in UK changed Tesoro Tejon to Gold Maxx power or gold max, why they did if Tejon so good? possibly they dont understand Tejon? even xp its not perfect!
Minelab are not bad detectors but last invention it was explorer in 1999 but not etrac because its the same technology. you have to know if you used explorer or etrac they will work till the some point in iron---even very good ,but till some point, and faster high frequency detectors would work better in iron and faster. lets go back to Tejon discrimination is very short if you discriminate nails its very close to foil and this is not good in Europe, yes they did changed one discriminator in European model, but a bit late, sound quality is ow full, and etc..please if you think they are good or even best for you I am happy, but my point is they should really really think more how to make detector better. and metal bolt with brass screw for coil is the best tesoro solution!? good luck all Stasys

Adrian SS

Dec 7, 2008
Canberra
Detector(s) used
LST, BDHI,Infinium,Sov XS,6000DI Pro SL,Scorpion,V-SAT,Spectrum XLT,Gold Spear,Scorpion,Sand Shark, Compadre,Sierra Madre,Safari, SDC2300, Sea Hunter,CS4PI,TDI OZ Pro, Vallon VMH3CS. Gardiner 202A
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I am not sure that any of my detectors will find an square PT at 9 inches and give a good signal?
My back yard is moderatly iron mineralised (in Australia).
All of my targets in my test patch are at 8 inches so now I will place a PT at 9 inches and see how my machines go on that.
Will be using a LST,with stock coil. Scorpion GS with 5 x 10. Infinium with 8 inch mono. 6000 DI PRO SL with 9.5 inch coil. SOV XS with 15 inch WOT coil. 6000 DI S 3 with 8 inch coil.
I will use both Gb All Met Mode and disc mode.

Adrian SS

Dec 7, 2008
Canberra
Detector(s) used
LST, BDHI,Infinium,Sov XS,6000DI Pro SL,Scorpion,V-SAT,Spectrum XLT,Gold Spear,Scorpion,Sand Shark, Compadre,Sierra Madre,Safari, SDC2300, Sea Hunter,CS4PI,TDI OZ Pro, Vallon VMH3CS. Gardiner 202A
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Adrian SS said:
I am not sure that any of my detectors will find an square PT at 9 inches and give a good signal?
My back yard is moderatly iron mineralised (in Australia).
All of my targets in my test patch are at 8 inches so now I will place a PT at 9 inches and see how my machines go on that.
Will be using a LST,with stock coil. Scorpion GS with 5 x 10. Infinium with 8 inch mono. 6000 DI PRO SL with 9.5 inch coil. SOV XS with 15 inch WOT coil. 6000 DI S 3 with 8 inch coil.
I will use both Gb All Met Mode and disc mode.

All detectors responded to the PT at 9 inches.
LST found it easily in All Metal and in Disc mode when Sens was at Boost.
Scorpion found it no probs in All Met but gave a brocken click in Disc.
Infinium gave weak but easily heard signal.
6000 DI PRO SL responded the best and found the PT easily in All Metal and Disc mode although TID was incorrect.
SOV had no probs in either mode but gave incorrect TID tone.
6000 DI S 3 had no probs in All Metal but no sig in Disc but did respond at 8 inches.

Adrian SS

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I only have a couple of hours with my tejon so far and I am much better with my vaquero but once I get to know the unit I think it it is going to be a killer. :headbang:

bg64vw

Jan 25, 2009
I hear an F75 in good hands is deeper? Anyone with any experience with them both? I don't care about any of the drawbacks of the two (I'm in good soil) just which is deepest. I notice a lot of "big name" relic hunters on YouTube use the F75. I'd love some replies on these two great relic machines.

stasys

Jun 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
minelab explorer xs
in Tejon I was looking faster and better in iron detector, for deep targets I have explorer. had in my hands Tejon and did comparison against XP GoldMaxx Freanch detector, Winer XP and now I own it. XP better sound quality,faster recovery speed and iron have separate volume. but if I had to choose F75 and Tejon I would get Tejon, cheaper and better quality than f75, better Quality I mean Tejon still Tejon ,but not Fisher which now make detectors every day.LTD,Black LTD and the rest Fisher games like last with Goldbug version1,version2.9,version3???? to get what they do there is very hard.. :dontknow: and the same family T2?? good luck all Tesoro users I will not go back to Tesoros for a wile ::)

gmanlight

Jun 17, 2007
MA NH seacoast
Detector(s) used
what ever works
stasys you are correct saying First Texas makes it confusing with
detector names , but the LTD and GB are top notch in my book. :occasion14:

Daedalus

Feb 2, 2011
Strafford , Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT / MineLab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tesoro makes some of the best detectors , they go deep and find things that others will not.

sandtrout

Jan 27, 2010
It's how well you know your equipment and how hungry you are.

I fish for trout. I study the lakes I fish at. I study various techniques and try them all. People always wonder why I'm catching and they're not. They sure have nice equipment though. Much better than mine but I know how to rig mine for the current conditions at a lake and when it's time to move.

My older brother lives up in Northern California. He hunts. He brings down deer after deer with a Marlin C330. He's always wished for a Winchester (can't remember what year was the "good" one) and even though he'll probably end up with one he won't bring down anymore deer than he does now. He knows how to hunt, he knows deer, and he's a practiced dead shot.

All metal detectors are toys until you really learn them...all the buttons, dials, knobs. Some know their detectors better than they know how or where to hunt. IMHO, those who know their machines, know how and where to hunt....and hunt "hungry" will out do anybody else. There's a guy on this site named JerV3 who was a monster on a DFX and is just as good with the Whites Spectra V3i and there's another guy named crazyjarhead who's fantastic on an ACE 250 and a big coil (not sure which one) and another guy here in California (pl8tman on this site) with a Whites M6 that's a "ring" magnet...over 30 so far this year. There's quite a difference between the cost of those machines but they 1. know their machine 2. know how and where to hunt and 3. hunt hungry

Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Re: It's how well you know your equipment and how hungry you are.

sandtrout said:
All metal detectors are toys until you really learn them...all the buttons, dials, knobs. Some know their detectors better than they know how or where to hunt. IMHO, those who know their machines, know how and where to hunt....and hunt "hungry" will out do anybody else. There's a guy on this site named JerV3 who was a monster on a DFX and is just as good with the Whites Spectra V3i and there's another guy named crazyjarhead who's fantastic on an ACE 250 and a big coil (not sure which one) and another guy here in California (pl8tman on this site) with a Whites M6 that's a "ring" magnet...over 30 so far this year. There's quite a difference between the cost of those machines but they 1. know their machine 2. know how and where to hunt and 3. hunt hungry

Sandtrout, truer words were never spoken. There's an old guy I know who hunts with a machine that's got to be 25 years old. He cleans house.

One of the most dangerous pitfalls any detectorist can fall into, IMHO, is obessing over new technology, which is usually just old technology repackaged. Not always, but usually. This compels some of us to constantly trade in their machine on something newer without really getting to know the detector they already have.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions