What's new

belt buckle with initials

edlynne

Full Member
Joined
Nov 9, 2013
Messages
198
Reaction score
170
Golden Thread
0
Location
Central MA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATP, Ace 250, XP deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is not a dug item, but figured I would give it a shot at finding organization it represents. it appears letters are TMCS, not sure of order. Buckle is from Massachusetts. Thanks in advance.
belt buckle don.webp
 
I think your letters are in the order of M C T S
Maybe Massachusetts Central Transit Service
 
Upvote 0
What does the attachment on the back look like? :icon_scratch:
That will help us give a baseline for the date of manufacture.

"The history of the Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority (MBTA) and its predecessors spans two centuries, starting with one of the oldest railroads in the United States. Development of mass transportation both followed existing economic and population patterns and helped shape those patterns. Mass transit in Boston, Massachusetts began as a family-owned and operated ferry in around 1630. Ground transportation started in Boston with a private stagecoach operation in 1793. The first rail line, which was horse-powered, began on March 26, 1856. Soon there were more than twenty privately run rail lines. In order to regulate fares and reduce competition, the General Court of Massachusetts passed the West End Consolidation Act to consolidate the rail line operations."

Dave
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have seen this exact buckle before... but I am no help at current time... may have been posted here on tnet.
 
Upvote 0
I have seen this exact buckle before... but I am no help at current time... may have been posted here on tnet.

I agree. It's driving me nuts!! :icon_scratch:
 
Upvote 0
Here is the picture of the back of the buckle, once again thanks for all the help.
belt buckle back.webp
 
Upvote 0
I see alot of tokens and things where they pile the letters on top of each other its like trying to read chinese through a dinner plate
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom